Sunday Breakout Strategy

did you guys get stopped out the gbp/usd?

I didn’t play the long this week; it looked like too much resistance to me. I carved out 40 pips on the short before I pulled out manually. I’m just not ready to let this system work fully for me without watching it closely…

I will be coming out with a “final version” of the EA today.

The excat error code is:
Error Code: 4066… requested history data in update state

What do you guys make of the Oanda high of 1.62721 for the pre-trade period, this was a fair bit higher than the IBFX high and significantly higher than the FXCM high?

I think some of you use Oanda, do you think it may be a good idea to use the high and low from the Oanda pre-trade period as it represents the true physical H/L from the broker you use? I know Oanda doesn’t use a H4 chart, but it’s still easy enough to just take the H/L from the 1hr candles from the start of the week again (2000, 2100, 2200, 2300) up until to the start of the 0000 candle.

Cheers, Johnny.

finalised the EA for GBPUSD and EUR JPY:
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/23601-sunday-breakout-strategy-99.html#post133505
http://forums.babypips.com/133505-post986.html

EURJPY strategy is different from GBPUSD strategy, a quick test reveals if I were to use EURJPY strategy for all pairs ending with JPY from 2009.01.01 til now, the gains are awesome!!

Hi phil838,

Could you “verify” the EAs I’ve posted? And its good, then I will moved them to the indicator page where your 1st post was link to?~

Sure, but that most likely means that if E/J had performed poorly during that time, then using that strategy for all the JPY pairs would mean the losses would also be awesome.

Hi s050399b, Where is the EA posted ? Is it on the very first post where the strategy is posted ? If I click on your link, it does not go to fist page… where it goes I don’t see the EA.

Can you please update me on this ?

verified that EA works in 4 or 5 digits:

• comparing values in a mt4 that has 4 digits vs that has 5 digits and got same values,

i can’ believe it!! hahaha!
I have posted the link in the same posting!! could you check it again?

OMG!!! I want to test it live (demo)

A noob question:
how do I run the EA I have written live (demo)?

got it after watching this:
YouTube - How To Install, Load & Run Expert Advisors & Indicators MT4

I’m in the process of switching over from Oanda to IBFX, but I’ve always used MT4 with an IBFX demo account for my charting. :slight_smile:

Right now I have a small IBFX account that I’m using to test them out, and I have my main account at Oanda. I’ll be switching everything to IBFX soon.

I just realised that GoMarket has the GMT0 weekend data. GoMarket is running at GMT2.

So I modified the EA to get the previous 2 one-hour-high/low when it reached GMT2 0200

I got close to getting stopped out, but survived. I’m still in the GBP/USD short trade.

close? about 20 pips away?

I can verify that it looks good and runs well on the Strategy Tester, but since I wasn’t going to be around this weekend I left the old version of the EA running.

No offense to your programming skills, but I wanted the EA that’s proven itself over the last few weeks since I wasn’t going to be here to shut it off if a bug popped up. :smiley:

I’ll be using your latest version this coming Sunday. :slight_smile:

My IBFX live account got 7 pips away from the SL.

The high of the 9/22 0000 candle was 1.6256, and the SL is 1.6263.

It probably won’t make a difference in the long run. If that’s what you want to do then I say go for it. :slight_smile: