Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Allan87's Avatar
    Allan87 is offline Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    49

    Default Chart differences

    While doing technical analysis and comparing my results to others' I noticed my Alpari UK chart showed data that wasn't present in any other chart I could find. Below is a EUR/AUD H4 where I thought I could see a Bullish Butterfly, however when looking at other charts and analysis systems the butterfly was at different B and C points because my point C where the price drops significantly to ~1.234 doesn't exist. Why does this chart show a drop when apparently, at least according to every other chart, it never happened?

    Alpari UK Chart
    Name:  euraudbutterflyalpari.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  49.9 KB

    Other Charts
    Name:  euraudfxpro.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  47.4 KB


  2. #2
    Allan87's Avatar
    Allan87 is offline Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    49
    Having logged into a live Alpari UK account I noticed the charts changed to reflect the second screenshot where there was no drop to 1.234. I assume the erroneous prices in the first chart were due to it being a demo account and only a simulation of market conditions. If that is the case then I find the use of a demo account to help build a trading plan pointless as any technical analysis could be flawed if such prices are simulated and not a true picture of the market.

  3. #3
    Alpari UK's Avatar
    Alpari UK is offline Verified Broker Support and Analyst FX-Men Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan87 View Post
    While doing technical analysis and comparing my results to others' I noticed my Alpari UK chart showed data that wasn't present in any other chart I could find. Below is a EUR/AUD H4 where I thought I could see a Bullish Butterfly, however when looking at other charts and analysis systems the butterfly was at different B and C points because my point C where the price drops significantly to ~1.234 doesn't exist. Why does this chart show a drop when apparently, at least according to every other chart, it never happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan87 View Post
    Having logged into a live Alpari UK account I noticed the charts changed to reflect the second screenshot where there was no drop to 1.234. I assume the erroneous prices in the first chart were due to it being a demo account and only a simulation of market conditions. If that is the case then I find the use of a demo account to help build a trading plan pointless as any technical analysis could be flawed if such prices are simulated and not a true picture of the market.
    Hi Allan,

    Thanks for your post.

    We place a great deal of resources into trying to ensure that we can provide stable systems for our business. On those rare occasions where a technical issue is experienced, our primary focus will always be on restoring functionality as quick as possible.

    Do let me know if you encounter any further hurdles.

    Alex

    ________
    Alexander Chadwick
    Alpari (UK) Representative

  4. #4
    Allan87's Avatar
    Allan87 is offline Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    49
    I appreciate your response Alex however how rare is rare?

    I've noticed yet more discrepancies in this chart;

    Aplari Chart
    Name:  eurusdh4.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  23.1 KB

    Other Market Chart
    Name:  eurusdh4r.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  21.2 KB

  5. #5
    Alpari UK's Avatar
    Alpari UK is offline Verified Broker Support and Analyst FX-Men Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan87 View Post
    I appreciate your response Alex however how rare is rare?

    I've noticed yet more discrepancies in this chart;
    Hi Allan,

    Thanks for your reply.

    I’ve spoken to a few of my colleagues. We haven’t experienced any issues like this in the recent past. Our goal is to undoubtedly provide a consistantly stable system for our clients.

    I have been informed though that this particular hurdle was identified and fixed shortly therafter.

    If you encounter any other chart issues, the best people to talk to would be our support team. Feel free to contact them via email, live-chat or call +44 (0) 207 426 2900.

    I may not have all the answers but I can always point you towards the right direction.

    Alex

    ________
    Alexander Chadwick
    Alpari (UK) Representative

Similar Threads

  1. Does anyone trade off of the 5 minute chart?
    By bobia in forum Forextown
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-14-2014, 04:54 PM
  2. Advice needed on 15 min chart stop losses
    By xmsr33 in forum Free Forex Trading Systems
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-11-2007, 10:47 AM
  3. Simple GBP/USD 4hr Chart System
    By gobreeze in forum Free Forex Trading Systems
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 07:25 PM
  4. What differences exist between the software packages out there
    By PhilanthroPIP in forum Trading Platforms and Software
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-08-2006, 02:37 PM
  5. The Bar Chart
    By geline in forum Forextown
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 11:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
"You must do the things you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt