Chart differences

While doing technical analysis and comparing my results to others’ I noticed my Alpari UK chart showed data that wasn’t present in any other chart I could find. Below is a EUR/AUD H4 where I thought I could see a Bullish Butterfly, however when looking at other charts and analysis systems the butterfly was at different B and C points because my point C where the price drops significantly to ~1.234 doesn’t exist. Why does this chart show a drop when apparently, at least according to every other chart, it never happened?

Alpari UK Chart

Other Charts

Having logged into a live Alpari UK account I noticed the charts changed to reflect the second screenshot where there was no drop to 1.234. I assume the erroneous prices in the first chart were due to it being a demo account and only a simulation of market conditions. If that is the case then I find the use of a demo account to help build a trading plan pointless as any technical analysis could be flawed if such prices are simulated and not a true picture of the market.

Hi Allan,

Thanks for your post.

We place a great deal of resources into trying to ensure that we can provide stable systems for our business. On those rare occasions where a technical issue is experienced, our primary focus will always be on restoring functionality as quick as possible.

Do let me know if you encounter any further hurdles.

Alex

Alexander Chadwick
Alpari (UK) Representative

I appreciate your response Alex however how rare is rare?

I’ve noticed yet more discrepancies in this chart;

Aplari Chart

Other Market Chart

Hi Allan,

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve spoken to a few of my colleagues. We haven’t experienced any issues like this in the recent past. Our goal is to undoubtedly provide a consistantly stable system for our clients.

I have been informed though that this particular hurdle was identified and fixed shortly therafter.

If you encounter any other chart issues, the best people to talk to would be our support team. Feel free to contact them via email, live-chat or call +44 (0) 207 426 2900.

I may not have all the answers but I can always point you towards the right direction.

Alex

Alexander Chadwick

What is the problem with the alpari chart? okay there are some slight differences some spikes etc but they use different liquidity providers maybe, what do you think is going on? stop-loss hunting etc?

Hi mrquickbuy,

Our price feeds come from a number of liquidity providers and is constantly evolving as we seek to provide the most reliable price feeds and best execution for our community of Forex Traders. There are rare occasions when we receive incorrect prices from one of our liquidity providers and a spike may occur. This however is not Stop-Hunting. Alpari UK has a regulatory obligation to treat customers fairly.

If an error occurs on a live account owing to no fault of your own, please email us with details of such trades for review. Our client services team will be happy to do an impartial and thorough investigation.

We thank you for your continued support and endeavour to continue to fulfil your expectations.

Alex

Alexander Chadwick