Forex News: Euro, Pound Gain Ground On Strong Data, Will UBS Write-down News Hurt the

[U][B]Fundamental Headlines[/B][/U]

• [B]USDJPY [/B]– Machine orders in Japan rocketed 12.7 percent higher during the month of October, suggesting that business investment may have improved from Q3. On the other hand, the Eco Watchers survey reflected dismal consumer sentiment as the index fell further below the 50 boom/bust level to 38.8 from 41.5. Discuss the potential impact on the Japanese yen in the DailyFX USD/JPY Forum.
• [B]EURUSD [/B]– The German trade surplus unexpectedly widened in October to 18.7 billion euros as export demand has shown few signs of wavering amidst growth in orders from the rest of Europe and emerging markets like China. Will the German engine keep the Euro-zone economy humming? Discuss the topic in the DailyFX EUR/USD Forum.
• [B]GBPUSD [/B]– UK producer prices rose more than expected in November, as input costs surged 10.2 percent from a year ago while output prices jumped 4.5 percent - the sharpest gain since 1991. Will inflation prevent the BOE from cutting again? Discuss the topic in the DailyFX GBP/USD Forum.

• [I]Profit Slump Deepens US Recession Worries[/I] (link) – Wall Street Journal
• [I]Japanese Bond Futures Advance as BOJ May Delay Raising Rates /I – Bloomberg
• [I]UBS to Sell Stakes After $10 Billion in Writedowns[/I] (link) – Bloomberg
• [I] UK Producer Prices Hit 16-year High[/I] (link) – Financial Times
• [I]Did Authorities Miss a Chance To Ease Crunch?[/I] (link) – Wall Street Journal