Forum Features Explained

This announcement, placed under Newbie Island, expired several months ago, but we’re bringing it back because a question about one of the features was brought up with our support team.

Thread Ignore Feature
A highly requested feature! This was made especially for trolls and of course, to also avoid unnecessary arguments. How it works is, the thread starter can add a particular user on his ignore list and not only won’t he (the thread starter) be able to see his messages, the ignored user also won’t be able to post on any of the thread starter’s threads.

So let’s say John creates a thread called ‘I love Pips’. Mike, another member, decides he hates John and starts flooding John’s thread with unnecessary and offensive comments. Since John started the ‘I love Pips’ thread, he can add Mike to his ignore list and when Mike decides to flood that thread again, he will get this message:

“You are being ignored by the Thread Starter (username) and therefore cannot reply to this Thread.”

So that’s how it works! Pretty easy, huh! Now let’s move on to feature number 2…

pips à la carte Forum Profiles
You can now add your AskPips.com, FreshPips.com, MeetPips.com, mt4pips.com and ReviewPips.com accounts on your forum profile! It links directly to your user profile page and shows up under your member title, which means it’s tied to every post you make. No need to keep posting your mt4pips.com link when showing your stats! (Thanks to Sweet Pip for this suggestion!)

Here’s how you add your pips à la carte account/s:[ol]
[li]Make sure you’re signed in.[/li][li]Head on over to http://forums.babypips.com/usercp.php.[/li][li]On the left panel click on “Edit Your Details”.[/li][li]Scroll down and you should be able to see each site’s field under ‘Additional Information’.[/li][li]Just add your username and you’re good to go![/li][/ol]We hope you like these 2 features! We’re always trying to make our forums better. We’ll keep listening to your feedback so if you guys find something wrong with it or you think it’s being abused in any way… give us a shout via Bugs and Suggestions and we’ll be sure to listen up and give you a response! You can also send us an email via info @ babypips.com (no spaces) or get in touch with any of our forum moderators!

And if you have other features or ideas for improvement you’d like to share, just let us know!

Thanks for the Goodwill. Will let you know if I lose my money.

Ignore lists should be publicly viewable

–Mike

oh yeah, thanks for mentioning me LOL