FORUM RULES Updated & NO SOLICITATION rule is back

Due mainly in part to an increase in forum moderation, we’ve taken the much needed step of updating our Forum Rules. Part of this update is the addition and reinstatement of the “NO SOLICITATION” rule. We’d like to highlight this rule specifically, because it’s been a subject of heated debate during the last few months. Here is that rule:

NO SOLICITATION. This rule is back. This includes soliciting forum members to join groups or classes on Skype, YM, AIM, trading rooms, or chat rooms, to follow Twitter users, to try out free products and services, signal services and the like.

Because of the present state of moderation, we’ve found the need to bring this rule back. We tried for some time to allow members to openly solicit other members for things such as free trading rooms or Skype chats. But the amount of moderation involved and amount of feedback we’ve received in the last few months against this allowable action has made us do an about-face on our previous decision. So now, SOLICITATION IS A NO-NO once again.

Our hope is that this rule and the other rules referenced in the Forum Rules will help to make our forums more enjoyable and more pleasant to visit by both new and existing members. We’re often faced with tough decisions, but we believe we’ve made the right one.

Read the updated Forum Rules HERE.

Finally, we wanted to mention that we’re still involved in the creation of a commercial forum. This forum will allow members to buy/sell/trade forex related goods and services. There will be exceptions to what can be bought/sold/traded and exceptions to who can do so. We have a vision of how this forum will work, so we’re making sure to formulate a set guidelines and rules that will govern the forum’s activities. We think it will be another useful addition to our existing forums. Stay tuned for more updates.

Happy trading!

Pipstradamus

My suggestion is BB should have its own radio chat or its own skype account and issue some periodic livechats, it would be interesting. Also encourage BB users to participate more in the actual chat we have because most of the time is kinda empty.

Forgive my ignorance but is BB?

must’ve meant BP or Babypips

Sorry is BP

Hi! everytime I click on the Forum Rules link it always redirect me to a page not found site. Can you help me? I wanna know more about Forum rules.

Hi gef,

Here’s the link to our forum rules: 301 Moved Permanently

Thanks,
Jess