Reorganization - changes coming to how the Forums are arranged, named, and organized

We’ve got some major changes coming to some long-standing naming conventions and general organization behind what you’ve seen in the Forums up until today. We’ve become sensitive to the fact that some of our Forum and sub-forum names may not be as descriptive as they could be, which might lead to confusion about what topics should be discussed within. So they’re getting a chance. We’re also combining some similarly themed and lower activity sub-forums in hopes of making navigation around those forums simpler and maybe spark some interest in similar but different topics. You’ll also see some existing sub-forums move to existing or newly created “parent” forums, while other sub-forums break out and become their own parent forums.

We’re making these changes in hopes of helping you better identify where to post and search, while also making it easier to get around.

[B]Key Changes

Newbie Island[/B] renamed to [B]Beginner Questions[/B]
[B]Forex Town[/B] renamed to [B]Trading Discussion[/B]
[B]Fundamental-ville[/B] renamed to [B]Economics [/B]under Trading Discussions
[B]Q&A Corner[/B] renamed to [B]Member Spotlight[/B]
[B]Bugs and Suggestions[/B] renamed to [B]Community Feedback[/B]
[B]Broker Aid Station[/B] renamed to [B]Broker Support[/B] and individual company sub-forums are going away
[B]The Majors, Comdolls,[/B] and [B]Currency Crosses[/B] are being merged into [B]Currencies [/B]under Trading Discussion
[B]Show Me the Money Daytrading and Swing Trading[/B] are being merged into new forum [B]Trading Systems
Commercial Content [/B]is newly created
[B]The Melting Pot[/B] renamed to [B]The Lobby

[/B]Expect some other changes not listed above. Changes will take effect Monday, April 17 after the scheduled maintenance planned for 6PM ET NYC (UTC-05:00).

This reorganization is just the start of some major changes coming to the website in the next few weeks. As we get closer to releasing those changes, we’ll be sure to post here with more information.

I welcome your feedback and any other questions you might have.

Pipstradamus

Looking forward to seeing what other changes you have in store, also.

Have you reached out to any of the BP long standing members here for advice on potential changes - I guess these members use other forums too, and know what draws in the crowds? Try not to keep to a top down approach whereby the people making the decisions are not the people who actively use BP - if that makes sense?

Just thinking where you’d get the most leverage and valuable advice from.

Hey Jezzode,

Thanks for the feedback. And it definitely makes sense. We haven’t reached out to any members just yet, but that’s to come shortly.

The majority of the changes you’ll see soon are design and “content” related, site-wide, coupled with what we hope will be a better user experience in the Forums, brought on by some really cool new features. Some features are related to communication, others to engagement and notification, and a another is related to “self” moderation that we think you all will really like.

We’ll make an announcement in the next couple days outlining what’s on the horizon. It’s very exciting and should get the ball rolling for making some of those other decisions you’re referencing!

Pipstradamus

Any updates yet of the changes to come? It has been 2.5 weeks?

Curious as always.

Due to that weird, wacky and wonderful thing we call life, other than an attractive pair of handcuffs, there’s not a lot that will hold members here indefinitely.
It’s a pity, though, that more can’t be done to entice the “lurkers” out of the darkness to say a few things every now and again. There needs to be a reason to stay here longer than 5 seconds, a reason to want to say something and become involved. Information alone, no matter how high the quality, is not always enough to keep people from drifting away…or enough to bring them out “into the light” . It is the people, the personalities, the “melting pot” of character and contribution that can make all the difference.
Warmth, humour, inclusion, respect, honesty, humanity, along with the offbeat and some diversity of content, are a few of the things that would turn me onto a website or forum…yes, even in a trading forum. :slight_smile:
But then, that’s just me, and I am definitely not the “target audience”.
There have been some good voices here over the years, and still many now. There just needs to be a few more.
Come on out of the shadows all you fabulous forex folks!! Pronto!! :slight_smile:

“Quiet people have the loudest minds” Stephen Hawking.

This I agree with completely, but as always it’s easier said than perhaps done!! A question that i’ve often tried to answer too.

This could well work, but perhaps that’s a comment for another different type of forum all together :wink:

I was once told that “[I]sometimes saying nothing has the biggest impact[/I]”, but then again that doesn’t really work here in a forum - it becomes more effective when combined with an attractive pair of handcuffs, haha.

Enjoy your day!

[B]The Official Babypips Handcuffs[/B]
For coaxing more women into participating on our Forum.

Is this from your personal collection, Clint? :wink:

No comment :23:

totally agree with your opinion