Commodity indicators

Which are the most useful commodity indicators to watch for the commodities pairs? I am thinking some kind of Gold for AUD and some kind of Oil for CAD, still working out NZD. Are there particular indicices, futures vols, like market traditions or is it down to personal preference?

I’m convinced commodities probably aren’t the single only factor to be aware of - however if they are important are they useful in short term decision making/timing or only longer term plays…?

[B]S&P Commodity Trends Indicator (CTI)[/B] for Daily Values

Especially the [B]S&P CTI Position Report Post Trade[/B] for Positions

S&P | Indices > Alternative Indices - S&P Commodity Trends Indicator (CTI) - Data

[B]Weekly COT Reports; Futures Only[/B] for Volumes

[B]Commodity Channel Index[/B] Indicator for Volume Shifts and Cycles

[B]Time of the Day and Day of the Month[/B] for Time Cycles

The last 60 minutes have given perfect examples [B]how[/B] the intermarket relationships work.

Gold’s CCI was reading +382. Minutes later Gold went to 1006.39 within an hour time. Therefore leading.

Crude Oil followed. Therefore lagging.

The four majors + three Commodity pairs [third one is the USDZAR pair] lagged the move of Gold and Crude Oil but responded to firm against USD.

So, shorting the greenback across seven pairs and going long Crude Oil and Gold is intermarket play at it’s best. That what just happened…short term :smiley:

LOL
Crude Oil and Gold is falling and the USD pairs turned, too LOL

We are going the opposite way we went since 2:00 am EST.

Gee…I love days like this LOL

Gold is a good bet right now.