Bobmaninc's quest to short the Aussie into extinction

[QUOTE=“marypippins123;531353”]

Awesome job! Yeah this could hold steady until the actual FOMC statement, unless the US retail sales release today turns out to be really terrible. Planning to hold on to your trade or move stops ahead of this event?[/QUOTE]

I’ve already exited… I’ll re-enter after the FOMC depending on what the Feds decide.

Were you able to reenter already? I think I was too excited to short the dollar yesterday that I wasn’t patient enough to wait for retracements/better prices. Thinking of adding to my dollar shorts… How about you?

Wow guess I have been missing out. Glad to see other around my thread. I will be on to post some charts and some trade ideas probably tomorrow. I am a full time college student now so time is not my friend these days. Trading still going pretty well

[QUOTE=“bobmaninc;601640”]Wow guess I have been missing out. Glad to see other around my thread. I will be on to post some charts and some trade ideas probably tomorrow. I am a full time college student now so time is not my friend these days. Trading still going pretty well[/QUOTE]

Hello Bob, long time no see!

Hope things r going well for u.

Well I was looking to long the AUD/JPY before the weeks open due to the fact price had failed to close below a support that idea got shot down. However due to the pretty large gap over the weekend price broke support and was able to open below the support and has now pulled back up. Looking at a 4hr chart I can see the next area of resistance has the 62% fib sitting dead smack in the middle of it. If I get a decent entry signal I will be looking to go short. That is if price can break the resistance we are currently sitting on. Time will tell all but here is a screen shot of what I am looking at.

I will let you guys know of my entry (assuming I get one) when we get a little closer

We got a very nice pin bar that formed on the 4hr rejecting off the 62% fib all the way back to the 50% fib. I had a feeling this was going to happen during Asia open tonight but I had school so I set a pending order and it was filled. Now if we get a 50% retrace of the pinbars wick I will consider another short position

Excellent…
I love such entries… You created that pin bob… :5:

I went in short on the AUD/U @ .8986 already in the money.

Yeah the one on AU looks nice to. I didnt see this happening but figured Asia open would do something but that was a little unexpected I will check news front but I dont see anything on my news feed to justify this, Besides interest rates but they were expected to stay the same and they did so maybe it was just a stop run to fill all the orders placed and that why it is back to where it last was. If so I will cry all the way to the bank :slight_smile:

Better then expected Quarterly GDP report pushed the Aussie higher…

I am not taking a trade in AJ for two reasons… Yesterday was a strong bull candle and I don’t like the 91 level right below.

I went long on EA instead.

Nice I do like the look of that Aman. I also do agree with you yesterday was a very strong bull candle and the 9100 fig. I took it for the reasons I stated and the fig did seem to pose much of a threat in recent events. I couple small hicups but nothing to concern me and even if it does I would have my stop at BE most likely by then. But I will see then 27 pip stop so even if we got there and I cash for a 52 pip gain. Not the best R:R I have even seen but not to shabby either.

That trade was a short lived for me.

me to took a loss on that one. Sad to it looked so good lol

There have been a few such failed pinbars in Aussie pairs this week…
Aussie maybe turning up …
Gotta watch closely…

You had a good entry… didn’t you move your SL to BE?

I meant to but I fell asleep. Oh well it happens

Is ol bobmanic around here these days? This was a great thread back when it was rolling.

Ol bobmaninc is still around. Still trading (just look at the aussie who else would drive it that low lol) not as much as I used to. Been busy lately working a new job in enviromental health and safey and a second job as a Emergency Medical Technician and then going to school full time to finish my degree and become a Paramedic. This quest still isnt over. We have been bringing them down 1 pip at a time but still dont own my private continent on the other sdide of the pond yet. Taking a little longer than expected.

Figure I will show a trade I have been in for the past little while. Even though its not short its still on the aussie/yen

Here you can see we were at support and price bounced from the .9000 level.

By zooming in we can see the pin bar formed. I missed the pin bar but got a retest of the pinbars high so I entered a small long position.

I have had this open for some time now. Its been slow but steady. So far up 130 pips.