Maximum leverage and true leverage

This is from School of pipsology,section "Leverage the Killer"
So i do get what is maximum leverage and what is true leverage.
But i just wanna check whit you guys one statement:
“If you want to give yourself the best chance to succeed, first learn to trade profitably without leverage.”:confused:
So i should keep mine true leverage in 1:1 ratio,right??That is what the writer wants to say?
Cheers!
VTK

No. I think he/she simply meant never over leverage yourself like 400:1 or something like 800:1, 1200:1 , etc.

I think 100:1 or 50:1 is OK for forex.

Offtopic:
All forms of investment are seizing up because the underlying basis is ‘leverage’ which is ‘red ink’ which is ‘the carry trade’ which is the Bank of Japan. Now, the US is becoming the ‘carry trade’. And these powerful shifts in relative power and value are hammering us internationally as well as in domestic markets! All these banking panics in history have ALWAYS led to depressions.

Disclaimer: The above is a matter of opinion and is not intended as investment advice. Information and analysis above are derived from sources and utilizing methods believed reliable, but I cannot accept responsibility for any losses you may incur as a result of this analysis. Do your own due diligence.