How many pips per inch?

Since I’m watching charts with shorter TF’s, I have my charts kinda zoomed out. I think this causing extra excitement for me. I see a huge change and think the sky is falling. I’ll get my trade placed, and then I see my s/l and t/p lines and realize I’m getting all excited for nothing.

In perspective to the time frames you trade, how do you set you chart scale - specifically the Y axis?

It all depends upon what you are looking at.

Is it short term scalp trades where you need to see
every candle enlarged, or are you looking at where
support/resistance areas would be.

It’s subjective.

quit trading now and walk away

it you don’t have a grasp of your charting program then you clearly should not be trading yet.

I should have worded this post differently. It was more of an observation on my part and looking for input on how others [I]prefer[/I] to view their charts.

You know I haven’t been following these forums very long but I don’t think I’ve ever seen you post anything constructive.

For me, the “y” axis size depends on what timeframe you are. When I am at 1h or greater I let the autosize, using marketscoope, to fit everthing. In the 15m or 5m I leave a space to see about 50/100 pips in all charts to not be fooled by that “big” trend that is actually only 20 pips.
Sorry for any grammatical error, English is not my first language.

I stick to the daily to enter trades. Only time I go lower is to monitor a trade I’m already in. You really need to familiarize yourself with your charts. It is very important to know exactly where you’re at on the chart, pip wise.

Thanks for the replies! Each chart TM tells a different story it seems, and it’s hard to choose how much you want or need to see depending on what your thinking about entering. maybe a lame observation to those more experienced, but there seems to be many different opportunities - or lack there of based on TF. Currency trading can be pretty deep depending how you study charts.

Especially considering the candlesticks; there is so much information over longer periods outside of the major reversal patterns. I see why it’s good to practice for awhile before funding an account. If you look hard enough, there is quite a bit to see. To bad I don’t know what to do with it all yet.

I am totally surprised that you have supposedly made 15% off your little system. Since you have such a negative and bad attitude.

I think that everyone who post regularly here is about tired of reading your post that are obviously aimed at beating down novice traders. Everyone else here is trying to be helpful and build them up, but you are the exact opposite.

I would submit to everyone here, that you most likely don’t make a dime. You are secretly a losing trader and the only way you can come to terms with this is by coming on babypips.com and being rude to anyone who asks a question here.

This website is overwhelmingly positive, so this will be my last post about this, I refuse to get caught up in a negative spiral, therefore, if you reply Abner, I will not. Just go forward understanding what I have said here.

Happy pipping!!!

P.S. No one thinks your car is cool…

Abner who? I am really grateful for the ignore button on these
forums I use them quite a lot.

Oh, I did not know that worked for the post too. LoL. I will try that daydreamer. Negative energy and forex don’t mix.

Thanks for the tip!

Happy pipping

I am assuming that since it says “banned” under his name, Trader 123 for some reason has been banned by admin.

That’s the only drawback of the ignore system though, you do
not get to find out when they are banned. :doh:

second that car comment, hahaha :D:p:p:D

Here’s the best I’ve found: YouTube If anyone knows a better way, or has discovered a good tool, please let me know.

Thanks,
Norm

I just use the zoom in and out button until I find the a look I find comfortable. Beyond that I haven’t thought about it much, actually.