Trading in Japanese Market Hours

Hello,

The pips school section on market hours specifies that the three major markets are the UK, USA, and Japanese market. Then it goes on to say that if you can’t trade in the US or UK market, you should trade in the Japanese hours. I understand it’s the least active of the 3.

I live in New York and trading after 7 would be nice. At least for short trades (10 min to a few hours)

I work 10-6 and have been practice longer times (several hours to days) and this is fine, but I’d like try shorter term trades.

My question is, would anyone recommend trading during the Japanese market hours? I’m a beginner, especially to short trades, would it be better to stay away?

Hi there,

I live in the Asian region and to trade during the Asian session really needs good technique. Personally I trade on shorter time frame with 5-min chart as my trend identification and 1-min chart to find entry. You need several indicators to successfully trade the Asian session and to fully understand how to draw trendlines and look for breakout opportunities and identify overbought and oversold condition.

I recommend you to purchase e-book and trading indicators offered my Mark McRae. The e-book offer good exposure to several trading techniques for newbies with good risk/reward ratio.

Happy trading :slight_smile:

You can either swing trade the asian or day trade the asian.

If you swing, look for trends or discounts for longer time frames.

If you day trade, look for true range on small time frames and take the opposite side.

Both have worked well for me.

javierpuga, i demo trade during the asian markets, i would suggest that you focus your atention only in one pair, like USD/JPY or EUR/JPY…:slight_smile: