What News Service Do You Use?

I am a new forex trader. I am currently in the process of reading, studying, and learning all I can. I would also like to add a good forex news source to my source of information. I would like something that has a good economic calendar, commentary, and news. I am looking for something to easily read right before I get ready for the trading day, which for me will be just a couple of hours each night as I live in California and have a full time regular job.

I was just curious as to what some of you use for your forex news?

Forexfactory.com and Freshpips.com are sites I frequent daily; as well as this one of course. :slight_smile:

You can set Google to give you a daily forex alert

I would recommend Oanda’s News application, it has daily commentaries from analysts at UBS, Thompson Financial and 4cast. Its pretty good for a free squawk box application( you have to sign up for a demo account to use it though)

hi
how inportant is reading the news to trading & were would you start

I guess it would depend on what type of trader you are, personally i focus more on technicals but i keep up to date on the current economic conditions.

Yeah I think everyone should be aware of the current economic conditions, even when trading off of the technicals. It helps you keeping up with the prevailing trend, or perhaps imminent changes in the trend. At a minimum you need to know when news is released.

how do you use google for news events?