Best demo account software for new trader

I’ve opened demo accounts before with Oanda, MetaTrader, VirtualTrader, but they are always complex and difficult to understand. What is an easy program for a newbie?

Thanks for your reply. You are right, I should stick to it longer and get used to it, but a problem I have with doing that is that I need something that explains all the features of a trading program, like how to use them and what they do and mean in a simple to understand fashion. The school on this site doesn’t really get into the specifics of how to use trading software, or I just can’t find it. When I tried Oanda, I didn’t like how the the entire thing was all dark, the charts were very small, and I couldn’t find how to change it to candlesticks. I preferred the look of Metatrader, but for some reason the charts stop updating after you’ve had your demo account for awhile. I don’t know if it’s due to inactivity or if they expire after a set time. Also, I have an old Pentium 3 with 498 mhz and 384 RAM, and java based software like Oanda runs slowly.

I found the graphic plataform and tech analysis of Metatrader cool…
but I dont know how to review my demo account. I�ve tried the NAVIGATOR key, and it only shows my account… but cant see the record of trades, dates of trades and so on…
Also the market order is just a simple one… Are there trailing stops, condicional price orders, one cancel other order, and so on?
Can someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance

Jo

Metatrader is a good,easy and reliable forex platform for any beginner.Since it is having a lot of features it looks like some difficulties at the begining. But once you start demo trading with Metatrader it will become easier for you. I am trading with kerford Investments which uses Metatrader4.

I hope you realize this thread is 2 years old;-0

Oanda is one of the simplest platform to trade with. Each platform need getting used to but Oanda has the cleanest interface, is easy to use if you take the time to learn it a bit. Their demo account doesn’t expire and in my experience, it’s pretty fast as well. Give it another try, download the manual and practice, practice.

I like oanda myself, you can use their java platform which is fine. But they have never expiring MT4 demo accounts that are nice and provide a lot of pairs with decent back data.

I’m a new trader and I have found MetaTrader to be really good. It is hard at first but the more time to spend on it you start to see how really good it is. The graphs and all that are superb.