Need help getting to the next level

i have been live trading 6 months now, after about a year and a half paper trading. i currently average a 13.5% a week increase in total capital.as long as i trade mini accounts under $1000.00.i cant seem to crack it if i use largers accounts. the only tools i use are trendlines,time zones and support and resistance zones. i dont read any finacial reports or pay attention to any news. i just read the charts. any susgestions? also i have tried to research the net as too if my increases are average, below par, or medioca? id like to know what sort of profit taking’s are good. every one talks about the money they make but no one delivers on figures. i dont know if the targets i get in my mini account are too large for standard accounts, need help please…

Check this out:

NEVER LOSE AGAIN!!

if you have more capital & confident , open standard lot with $10 k a/c
and trade 1min chart with 10 pips profit You a/c will increase soon.

It doesn’t sound like you have a system problem if you’re doing 13.5% a week. It sounds more like a psychological barrier to the larger quantities.

“Do you think you deserve it” I think is the question.

Yes i agree with Vulcan, definitely sounds psychological.

Not knowing what platform you’re using or if you change your lot size as your balance grows, but if it’s Mt4, then perhaps try changing the profit column in the trade window from “dollars” to “pips”.

Whenever I hit a “milestone” in my account balance, I increase the lot size so I still only have to reach x amount of pips, but if I watch the dollar value when it’s only a few pips of loss, it seems huge and it does create a fear factor :eek:

When one starts with a low amount like $1k, then it takes longer to build your balance up when a pip is worth, for example, $1.00. Then when you increase the lots, a pip’s movement value increases too, so if you’re now using 1 lots vs .1 or .5, suddenly $10 per pip really makes 5 or 10 pip losses become $50 - $100… vs $5 - $10 one was used to for so long.

So now I only see the actual profit/loss after I close the trade so I can focus on getting the pips.

Anyways, maybe not your situation but it’s one that I’m dealing with right now. :slight_smile:

It’s All About The Pips!

i think you should try to avoid trading when there is a news releases
at least 30 menits prior and after the news announcements
market will be extremely volatile to certain news hence your chart analysis will be useless

market will be extremely volatile to certain news hence your chart analysis will be useless

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

That’s when you can make some of the easiest pips!!

it is very important to think about pips and not dollar amount.
your return/week is pretty impressive, i hope you use proper money management.
so long as you use proper money management, risk management and think of pips instead of dollars, you should be ok

market will be extremely volatile to certain news hence your chart analysis will be useless…???

Maybe you should take your money… to the bank… more safe?