Best Time To Trade

Aloha everyone,

This question has probably been asked but I can’t seem to find it.

What is the best time trade? It probably depends on what pairs but I mean is it better to trade in the mornings, mid day, or before close?
Or does it really matter?

The biggest problem for me is that I live in Hawaii and the time changes are very confusing for me so much so I recently downloaded a clock program for my computer so I know the times in each region I am currently following
New York +5 hours, London +10, Tokyo +19, and Sydney +20

Thanks for your replies.

Hi mate I find the best times for me are about 1-1.5 hrs before the opens

eg London (London open is 0800 gmt), New York (open is 1300 gmt).

catch ya

Risingthree

Forexnoob, I know what you mean. I am in Oregon and I have to get up real early in the morning to get the New York open. I see good activty start around 11:00 pm, your 9:00 pm, on through to the close of New York. In fact, the Euro might be showing a reversal right now.

Good hunting!

Hi there 4xnewb,

I’ve come to discover that there are always opportunities to make profit on the market. However, there are definitely times when the market is much more active. From what I’ve learned, this is usually during the London market.

Here’s a link to help you out better: Market Hours | 12th Grade: Market Hours | Learn Forex Trading

That page will give you much, much more information than I’ve given you here. That being said, have you read through the Babypips School at all? If not, I highly recommend doing so. It has saved me quite a few headaches. :slight_smile:

-C.

Thanks so much for your reply I have actually read through that already but because I live in such a different time zone I was just wondering when during each opening and closing of each market would be better when they first open? mid day or before closing? Because of where I live I have to plot out what time is the best for me to sit down and spend a few hours on my computer. Thanks again !

AHHH!!! Thank You I will start watching during that time! And yes Euro is showing a reversal right now I have an open trade right now also.