Any AutoHotKey Users out there?

Hey all,

Mt4 has been driving me nuts with its inability to be able to program shortcuts to do oft repeated tasks in MT4. So this evening i downloaded autohotkey, upon the suggestion of someone here at babypips, and I set up some basic functions to help me zip around the platform.

So far I have programmed it to flip through the time frames quickly (capslock +1, capslock +2, etc) as well as to flip through my templates and currency pairs.

Does anybody else use this program for managing their orders or any other cool shortcuts? It seems one of the most laborious things to do is to modify open orders.

I guess I can also set it up to do a easy signature since this forum doesn’t allow it in the User CP as well as lots of other usefull things.

Any ideas out there?

Hey how does autohotkey work? i downloaded it but i don’t have a clue what to do with it? Im also looking to toggle through my timeframes more conveniently and also if i can setup different keys for my zoom, and line tools.

thank you.

I’ll reply over here.
Here is my script. To run its super simple…Make sure AHK has been installed…double click on scrpt…open mt4 platform and start using the shortcuts.

Here is the link to the script as BP doesn’t allow the AHK extension.

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/view.php?id=1375517&da=y

Shortcuts: Everything is initiated for me with the Caps Lock Key referred from here as the CLK

Timeframes:
CLK 1-9

Templates:
CLK qwerty (First seven templates in your tpl folder based on name…I start mine with #'s i.e. 01 Overview 02 Indicator etc)(One of the beauties of using ahk for templates is of course speed, but it also allows you to fill a template with fibs and lines and indicators you are trying and then a simple clk 3 or whatever erases it back to normal assuming you haven’t saved the tpl)

Currencies:
CLK asdfghjklmnb (my most common ones set to asd, this is easy to configure in the script if you want.)

Misc:
CLK Z Candles to the front and Back
CLK X Chart AutoScroll On and off

I zoom in and out using the + and - keys on the number keypad. Also note i only use MT4 for charting.

That is sweet! thank you got it running, So if i want to customize the keys, i would have to go in and rewrite the codes with SciTE4AutoHotkey Editor?

i just right click the H tray icon and click edit script…it opens it in notebook.

I’m glad you find it usefull…it is second nature to me and couldn’t even get around mt4 without it hardly.

ok sounds good, so where did you learn the coding for this ?
I would like to change my timeframes to just 1-9 without the capslock. Also i would like to setup my line studies tools ie horizontal lines, etc.

It’s been a long long time since i’ve done this and so I don’t remember how I learned it. Learned it is stretching it though. I learned it like I learned Spanish in HS…just enough to get bye.

I’m pretty sure you need a hot key. I chose the caps lock key cause I don’t use it much.

GL

Hello,

I have probably revived an old thread but I want to know how to get the .ahk file to work with MT4 as in how do I install it.

Thanks a lot Sandpiper, I know this is an old thread but this is just what I’ve been looking for, and your script would be perfect for me. Unfortunately the keepandshare link does not work anymore. I was wondering if you could please re-post it?

Thanks for any help