What times do most of you trade at?

Started trading on a daily basis, and trying to see what times are you guys making the most amount of profit. I know the school says to trade on Tues/Wed at certain times, but don’t want to limit myself to just those days out of the week.

I started to trade slightly after midnight, and usually made a few bucks profit, broke even, or lost a few bucks. Started trading at 5 AM EST and had to open up 3 new accounts in 3 consecutive days trading from 5 AM EST to 6:30 AM EST, pretty bad.

When I come home early from work, from 3:30 - 5:00 PM EST, I have some good luck, but can’t do this all the time. Any input is appreciated.

I trade monday - friday from the open of the london market to the close of the new york market… this is what works for me.

I turn on my monitors an hour before market open and shut them down at noon to 1 p.m. EST. Depending on the session, I trade any good move that I believe will turn a profit. That said, the higher the volatility, the better my odds of success. I do tend to stay away from trading the fist half of the Asian session unless I am holding a position.

Hope that helped, and good pippin,

Chubs

I’ve done best during the European open from about 2:00 AM - 4:00 AM EST, and also during the London/NY overlap from about 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM EST. I’m keeping to the London/NY overlap now though as the overnight kind of messes me up the next day. I think there’s something to be said for getting to know a certain time frame and sticking to it.

Depends on 3 things:

1. What are you? Are you in your best condition at night or in daylight? If you’re a night person try to find system and trade at night, and if you’re in daylight is vice versa. If you can adapt yourself you had more chance, but don’t force yourself to it.

2. How much time you got to trade everyday? If you have the whole time in the world, you can trade anytime you like. If you have to do a day job for the moment, you can choose to trade in the morning prior to go to work or at night after you got home. Pick a system that fits your schedule.

3. Does time factor included in your system? For example, my current system only valid for London Open, so I trade about half an hour prior to London Open and finished between 2 to 7 hours later (depends on price movement). Prior to that, since I had a day job then, I trade by New York close. In between, I tried a system which put me in front of my computer for a whole day long—drove me nuts so I dumped it in less than a month.

But the most important thing is that your style fits you perfectly. That you feel comfortable doing it (Believe me, you won’t make any pips if you can’t even stand your trading time). Then come the question of how’s the pair you trade behaves during those time. Unless you know how it behaves, it is easy to plug yourself out of a losing trade when the price stops only a pip away from your stop loss, then turn back and gives you the huge profit you always dreamed of.

So far for me my preferred time is in the morning during the London/NY overlap from about 8am-noon EST. With that being said I have also discovered I tend to make more pips trading during the asian market. I think the market moves a little slower then and I can react better to it. I think as I get better I will do better in the time frame I prefer.

London time for me. I think thats the best. But New York is also good.

The question itself is irrelevant because you have to take into account what are you trading and what market behaviors are you exploiting with your strategy.

Maybe there are many statement and suggestion about time to trade, some trader said if on london session market has higher volume transaction beause many bank around the world in operation, some another might said on news high impact, but I think we can learn from our experience to choose our time to trades

Anytime except.

1. When the spreads are super-wide
  2. When NFP is up
  3. When there is market chaos

My best time frames are D1 and H4. They both provide good signals and less confusion. They’re cleaner than lower time frame charts but give more clues than W1 and M1

In my opinion (and considering the instruments I trade) time from london opening to new york opening is the most interesting.

I prefer to trade in the morning, when the London session opens. Also, I prefer to trade between Tuesday and Thursday, since Monday is often too uneventful. I trade on Fridays too, but it really depends whether or not I think I can close my trades until the end of the day.

This answer goes for me, too.

I’m lucky to live in Europe and be able to trade whatever parts of the European and US sessions I want to.

A few years ago, I went through a phase of trying to trade at night, for 4-5 hours per night, three or four days a week (i.e. the “Asian session”), and I found it [I]very[/I] much more difficult.

I prefer the American and the European sessions too, but generally I am willing to trade at any time when there’s enough volatility to make a profit and I am awake and alert to make use of it.

I trade on daily time frame so when a new daily candle is formed I check for any setups, if found I place my trade and leave the charts. I do look at the market 3 to 4 times during they day but I don’t make any trades that time.

I trade based on daily charts - I’m working with 50 instruments for good diversification. Also I have time for thinking and I have free day.

I usually trade the UK and NY markets, both on hotforex and lmfx. :slight_smile:

I spend most time trading during asian session, I used to find it easier to trade then and found more sucees than I do at the moment recently testing the european sessions.

It seems that asian session is most convenient for me.

I really wish I could trade the Asian session properly, but more often than not I am half-asleep at that time, and coffee generally doesn’t help.