Do you make a living in FOREX? (Anonymous Poll)

This is an anonymous poll, so anyone can vote. And yes, there are many beginners here, but there are also experienced traders, or at least, people that say they live from forex, so results may be heterogeneous. :slight_smile:

I’m somewhere between this one:

“Yes, I do fine and I can live off Forex.”

and this one:

“I barely break even each month and still have a day job”.

I am a consititent with nice profits month after month with the occasional great month or poor(in the red) month.

Forex is one of my many sources of a living but I would hate to have to live off my trading earnings alone.

My trading goals are being met one by one as time goes by and I am on track to generating a nice income off trading alone. But… that would be soooooo borrrrriiiiiinnnngggggg.

I still have a dayjob! I could live from trading but i like to have something when my trading is not that good anymore.
If i lose my job i would not search for another i will trade fulltime.

I couldn’t see an option that fit my situation.

I am making quite remarkable profits with trading, but my capital is not quite enough to live off AND increase the balance. I still have a day job (2 actually), but…thanks to info obtained from mp6140 :smiley: …I have (conservatively) calculated by May/June this year, I will be able to quit my jobs and live quite comfortably off trading income alone.

Which is great because I LOVE trading. :D:D

Well this is my story!

I’m posting this from my yacht on the warm waters of the bering sea.

Day 1. Stumpled upon Baby Pips and saw an opportunity like no other.
Day 2. 9:00 AM Took my life savings of 1million dollars and wired it to my broker. 10:00 AM Entered my first trade with 500 lots on the table. Cable jumped 200 pips in an hour. 11:00 Had my broker wire all my money back having doubled it 12:00 Retired for good with the rest of the day being spent sleeping
Day 3 Purchased a small yacht from a kansan along with a Dummies guide to sailing and Oceans for Beginners: A Newbies guide to sailing
Day 4-36 Sailed Sailed Sailed until i finally reached the Bering Sea. Many adventures.
Day 37 Today just drowning my disappointment at the miserable weather by posting here on BP

I have just started trading, its been a down of my account size around 20% since early year…

I plan to live from trading in 5 years time…