? How to change TIME on MT4 chart?

Hi,

Can someone help me out here…

I just want to change the time on my MT4 platform (on the bottom of the chart).

The current time on the chart is 6 hours in advance from me. Until now, I was just making the math but im getting tired of it.

Can someone just tell me, or us, how can we change the setting for the time on the chart of the MetaTrader4 platform?

Thanks you vewry much! :slight_smile:

you can’t that is your brokers server time.

I’m having trouble with the times too.

yes it is based on your brokers server time and is unchangeable. It is one of the major gripes i have with MT4.

You can adjust your MT4’s output by using the ‘LocalTime()’ command in an indicator (offset calculated in seconds to broker’s time).
Here is an example:
MetaTrader Indicators Clubs: TRO Time MT4 Indicator

[B]Before downloading the file and implementing it into your MT4, please note that I have found this on the internet. I can therefore NOT guarantee its functionality or that it is free of viruses.[/B]
But having a look at the screenshot will give you an idea of how it works.

It is also possible to write a script (or preferably an EA, since this can run all the time without interfering with other scripts you might use) which will simply display charts in your local time, i.e. your PC’s internal clock time.
For more information, refer to the MetaQuotes Community website.

Cheers,
O.

You might want to check out something called LocalTimeAxis indicator. Just do a web search, shouldn’t be hard to find. You can’t change the time that plots internally WITHIN the MT4 platform, but perhaps this is the next best thing. You can set it to plot just above the native time axis to look almost exactly like it so it doesn’t take up too much room on your charts.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

You can probably find a broker that uses the time you prefer, I know Oanda is -5h , Deltastock is +1 I think, Fxpro is +2, I can’t remember which one is GB time, but you should be able to find one.