Best hours to trade?

What are the best hours to trade for the 4 majors?

I live in EST by the way so if any other EST traders can help I’d really appreciate it.

-Liz

if you’re trading the euro the best trading times are thru the european sessions and the euro/US session overlap. (2:00 am est - 12:00 pm est)

The best times are during the European sesson or US session. If you’re not familar with the session times, I’d suggest you check out this lesson, http://www.babypips.com/forex-school/market-hours.html.

Since you live in EST, unless you’re one of the lucky ones who don’t have a job and can trade at 3am or if you’re night owl, the EUR session is usually of the question.

Hey Pip,

Still new to this. I usually work til about 6PM EST. I guess that really limits me to trading certain pairs, huh? Or I guess it limits me from trading during the action-packed hours of say the EUR/USD. Hmmmm, off to Tokyo it is…

when i scalp, i trade the US session so its like10pm here till early morning, honestly it all depends on what pair you like and what suits your trading style i guess,

These times work best for me :slight_smile:

Hi,
I m new here. How can I get a list of top forex trader?
Thanjs fir your help.

As far as the best time to trade, for me it is dependent on if I’m scalping and the currency pair. Generally speaking, I prefer 2 pm Eastern to 6 am Eastern for the European markets.

Follow the trend and you will be successful. Wish u good luck Friend, Happy Trading!

The best timing to trade Forex is " London Open TO London Close"

The most important question is not what time, but at what levels to buy and sell.

That is the most important question.

Trading by time means you are going to be chasing the market and you are going to end up throwing your hands in the air by sheer frustration. What had looked like a buy a moment ago will become a sell and what was like a sell is now shooting north non stop.

The most important part is buy low sell high. Now the question that has to be asked is how do we know which is the low and which is the high?

completely agree.

If you mean best time as in when the market is most active, then the market appears most active during london trading. However, regardless of when you trade, how you trade is more important. If your entry and exit are right, then it doesn’t really matter what time of day it is. The outcome matters.

Like anything else, volatility has its advantages as does less volatile periods.

Matching desired volatility to the right trading plan, priceless. (sorry, got carried away)

Good Trading

Hi LizTrader,

If you trade of the daily charts, you can take your time analyzing any potential trade setups in the evening after you’re done with your day job. Once in a trade, you really only need to check in on it once per day as well. Check out this thread about using price action to make trades based on the daily charts: 301 Moved Permanently

If you want to trade shorter time frames, then it’s either trading during Asian session or changing your sleep schedule.

EUROPEAN SESSION (LONDON): 2 A.M.–12 P.M. EST is the best hours to trade.

Best hour to trade is the hour your system gives a trade…

Best answer by far :slight_smile:

03:00-17:00-22:00

Inside bar THIS HOUR, Limit orders both sides.

Anticipation and Adaptation is the Ultimate Power Move