Have you ever gained more than 100pips?

I trade the dax indice and I regularly get 60pips a day. I am also finalising another dax strategy that earnt me 188pips over a 3/4day period.

The dax easily has the volatility to make more than 100pips but the trade will take 2-3days to make 100+pips.

started a short on dow jones on 28th december, Entree points 17721 - 24 - 27, with follow up pyramiding. the trade ist still going on, the plus was last friday 950 points, now (today) with opening of the Nikkei session i lost 130 points so far (u guys call them pips), the profit is €xx,xxx. but as it is looking now with the new years Pivot Points it looks like im stopping the pyramiding and start looking for a good position to close the trade. well see what monday will bring. im pretty sure the dow will fall good in the first week of january - but i might be wrong.

Take a look at these 2 threads
http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/75743-balls-steel-trading-volatile-pairs.html
and here
http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/74257-gbp-nzd-moving-slow-today-why-post740265.html#post740265
A group of us regularly make over 100 pips. Already today GbpNzd and GbpAud are both up over 250 pips each.

I make more than 100 pips many time but not as a regular routine. In forex we get more or less profits . Some market movements support us to gain higher pips. I must say here we not get same profits all the time . If I get 10 pips of profit I am happy that I had not loose this time.

Nice attitude!

Trading for more pips usually requires lower lot size ( so you can withstand the losses if the trade goes wrong ). Therefore, $ earned are usually less than if you’re scalping where bigger lot sizes are common.

Half agree with you.
Lower lot size is true. Less risk than scalping as you need to move quick when scalp goes wrong. Also, scalpers will pay more broker commission due to bigger lot sizes and more frequent trading. Not sure how you get the idea that less $ are made, ive had 2 trades today both move over 250 pips in my favour, plenty of $ there.
Best thing about trading longer, just place the trade then switch off and relax.
Anyhow, we’re all different. No one right, no one wrong

I have gained over 100 pips, but it was when I gathered the courage to trade during high impact events or during a very strong and obvious trend. It’s not something that happens very often, to me at least.

Making 100 pips is easy or me, its like a routine. I trade on daily time frame where signals are less but they give me 100+ on almost every winning trade.

I earned 100pips or beyond 100pips, my maximum earning of pips is 145 and I was got 180$ profit in that trade, It was joyful moment for me and I can not explain my pleasure after getting huge pips ratio, my second earning of pips was 109 and third was 102, I am still trying to do quality trading and I am enjoying my business with earning reasonable pips.

Good thing for you is that you realized that FX market is damn volatile.
If you can manage to trade like robot than all you need is good trading strategy.
Gaining 100 pips per trade is nothing big, especially for long term traders and how much $ they have made is irrelevant to you.
Have a nice educational day.

every week, last week 5 pairs above 100 pips each

Yeah, I have gained that many pips on countless occasions, as I have been trading for over 8 years now. But the problem is we need to get it consistently not once in a while. Also, it is vital that we always have such targets instead of short ones; if we have long term targets then we will definitely be able to perform better and will help our self in achieving good profits regularly.

For those who trade in the midterm or longterm with 100 pips or more isn’t a rarity anymore and I have such deals and can say they happen quite often.

For midterm 100 pips isn’t very much I would say) My record was 300 points on one deal. I’ve done it only once.

This thread reminds me of the popular saying "Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity"
It doesn’t matter how many pips you make. A full lot trade gaining 5 pips makes more money than a micro lot trade gaining 100 pips.

Of course, I am! Actually I am a swing trader mainly, so usually I set my TP potion for 200-350 pips! In addition, I don’t close my trade in the middle path without teaching my SL or TP level! To be honest, I am not interested to share my profit by $, it’s personal! Basically, my personal trading strategy produces me swing entry points, so I am use to here with swing trading style!

Till now not! Actually, my live trading experience is only 2 months and I opened my live after 3 months demo! I practiced there scalping trading and right now I use only scalping trading strategy! Here I usually set my TP for 25-30 pips against on 10-12 pips SL! Frankly, I have no plan on long time trading right now!

It happens occasionally. Not nearly as often as I’d like, but it does happen. I am generally not particularly ambitious when it comes to my trading, I am happy with 20-30 pips at a time.

How is a 2009 thread still kicking around.

The amount of action this thread has received over the past week really does highlight the level of incompetence we are dealing with, it’s almost laughable.