Bollinger band trading with MAs

ya it is definitely a wise choice lol, and I don’t know how long it’ll be. Havnt traded too much this week because of internet going out and school. Need to find a way to be able to watch charts and trade and still maintain my life lol. Trying to figure a way to code it into an EA but even then I think I’d have to babysit it. We’ll see how it goes :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I guess like everything it is a trade off. IMO :slight_smile: sometime GU can get down right crazy and I would just step aside and wait… on the other hand, some days following EU can make watching paint drying pretty exciting!

thanks!

Lol, I’ve given my 50% as well :stuck_out_tongue: There’s really not much to this strat.

I’m not really here, you ain’t seen me…right?!

Post on volatility and bolly bands:
Morning Gold Fix: September 2 | zero hedge

who’s not here? who said that that? I don’t see anyone…

By the time the band begins to widen isn’t price already walking along the outer edge, in other words isn’t it kind of a late entry?

I don’t see that. Show a screen print?

lol
you should know better by now!

makin some pips…

well I have to say I can see San’s point on RC’s 2ma high low that if you watch it on a 1m chart you can see how the MA follows price and not vice versa… however…
Ive been trading with it for a while with lots of winning trades and steadily growing my account for the last few weeks so it definately works.

:slight_smile:

Sounds good, Mike; I like hearing you are making pips. Can you share the details of how you are determining when the correct time occurs - as the MAs follow price - to open a position back in toward the channel? How are you calculating stops?

That’s good that other people are making pips too. Are you using just the LWMAs? Or have you added something else to it? I’ve been trading it with just a couple more LWMAs on lower TFs to get a more accurate entry. Trying some new things out now, some are working and some aren’t.

I may have spoke too soon, my gbp/chf and usd/chf trades from yesterday didn’t work out so well. I sold and price went up from there. Have been doing good with it up until those two trades though.

I’m using SMA instead of LWMA. Although I do have a 2LWMA set to the median price which gives me a center line in the tunnel. I kind of use that as a TP target halfway. I have an oh crap stop around 150 to 200 pips.
yesterday I only had 3 trades on. sometimes there will be more. For my real TP and SL I’m looking more at account balance instead of pips. If the account drops 2% I close them all. If it is up 2% I close them all. That’s just a general rule, I don’t stick to it.

timing:
As you know I’m on New York time so I get to work at 8: pull up lots of pairs and see if price is touching or beyond the SMA on any of them and enter a trade if they are. seems like I’m mostly closing those trades during the day. If I look for trades after lunch around 1300 my time and enter trades at that time then I don’t get much movement until the overnight period so seems like most of those I’ve been closing them early the next morning.

That’s all just the general flow of thing though it varies.

I also have a short period SMA that I’ll use to get an idea of when price has some momentum heading back to the tunnel. But really that MA is part of another strat entirely that someone on BP told me about.

I can see what you mean on those two.

do me a favour ( how’s that for British spelling? :slight_smile: ) anyway take a look at usd/chf and gbp/chf how would you have traded those two yesterday? Sometime early yesterday I sold when price was at the upper 2sma, they both went into small profit but then turned and headed straight up. Up untill then this tunnel trading has been pretty good to me.

I recovered some by catching some of their down move today.

Can you go into more detail on this? what is it youre looking for on the 4h and daily to make an entry or exit ?

It’s days like today that make up for those losses… 16.5% gain on 3 pairs

At that risk 1.6% a day is very good lol

Hi RCarter I’m going through your thread now and it seems that what you are discussing now is different than the beginning pages; is this correct and is the beginning information still valid? Is there a place I should start near the middle that would cover your current conversation?

There’s quite a few strats listed in this thread. We are not discussing the original topic of this thread any more but I’m pretty sure everything listed in this thread is still good info and will help you out. Best to read it all the way through otherwise it would be like reading a book from the middle to the end, you’d skip the boring parts! haha, that last part was a joke, best to read the whole thread.

ah ha! I was zagging when I should have been friggin ziggin! :smiley:

I’ll be looking at the 4h next week along with the daily

Couldn’t have put it better myself, speed is one thing, timing is another. Nice info. Thanks.

hi …
I am new to this blog. do you have any other mentoring service other then this??

Jhon