High correlation currency pairs

hi …
just a quick question…

i notice that EUR/USD and GBP/EUR has a high correlation…

i was wondering if there’s any other hairs that has high correlation as well…

thanks

danny

The website you posted helped me out big time and just wanted to thank you for the great informational website.

many pairs have acceptable correlation, but timing of entry dosnt necessarily mean you have orders entered

I believe people who have brown hair have a strong color correlation to other brown headed individuals. Although, it can also be agreed that blonde haired adults have a strong hair color correlation to blonde haired children.

I good assumption to make, but little use when trading. :wink:

This would normally be one of Lexy’s posts that she would enjoy picking up on, and admittedly her humor used to come out more than mine!

hi danny,

Yes correlation can be possible if currencies’ economies are interlinked or the same factors govern the currencies movements. However, this correlation is generally true for medium to long term as in short term; movement can deviate based on demand and supply or individual factors. Besides EURUSD and EURGBP there are other pairs as well which can have high correlation. For example AUDUSD and NZDUSD is also a highly correlated pair, in these currency pairs if you notice, there are many same factors governing movements in these pairs. These both are economically linked. Both the countries are commodity exporter and the value of both currencies is mainly driven by commodity prices.

This may be true, but the clue is even more obvious as to why they are correlated…