FXCM Trading station or MT4

I’ve been using MT4 for several months. I decided to test FXCM (I like the no dealing desk option). But the thing is so complicated…I will have to re-learn an entirely new software that is most definitely not user-friendly.

Bottom-line: is it worth messing with FXCM if I’m not scalping, or should I stay with an MT4 broker? What are the advantages of FXCM over MT4? I haven’t gotten experienced enough to start coding, but I believe that only Mt4 allows that option, n’est-ce pas?

In mitigation of the above, my current broker (Interbank) has already started the re-quote nonsense with me, I can be swayed either way after more research…

Thoughts?

stick with mt4. main reason - easy to use.

marionette, you have to be the first person I ever heard say TS II/Marketscope was difficult to use. I’ve tried all the platforms I could find and definitely like theirs the best. (Now, the spreads FXCM charges versus other brokers, that’s another story.)

Having said that, even though I trade off TS II I always have an instance of MT4 running for it’s benefits which are: an almost infinite number of customizable indicators, easy and instantaneous switching between time-frames. Add to that the fact there are some good brokers with small spreads that allow trading (even micro accounts) off MT4 means it could be very appealing to a new trader.

Still, after you’ve tried trading with MT4 you’ll notice it has its handicaps, as well. Overall, opening and closing of trades, as well their active management, is much better in TS, in my opinion.

I find FXCMs platform difficult to use too, compared to mt4. The only feature of their platform I like is the snap together charts, which for some reason, doesn’t work properly all the time. Also, MT4 allows for more custom indicators, which I really like.