ABCD pattern question.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default ABCD pattern question.

hey all, i was wondering if i was calculating this correct as i am not even out of the school yet and i thought i would get a little bit of help because i don't think the school was as accurate as could be with gartley and the animals lol or maybe im just stupid haha.

hopefully i can finally figure these things out because i want to begin using them just like Sweetpip and Tmoneybags lol.

thanks, Zak
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by unleashedzak View Post
    hey all, i was wondering if i was calculating this correct as i am not even out of the school yet and i thought i would get a little bit of help because i don't think the school was as accurate as could be with gartley and the animals lol or maybe im just stupid haha.

hopefully i can finally figure these things out because i want to begin using them just like Sweetpip and Tmoneybags lol.

thanks, Zak
    Hi Zak,
    Well...the AB=CD pattern means that CD leg should be at least equal to, if not more than, the range of the AB leg...in your example the CD isn't.

Keep at it

Quote Originally Posted by unleashedzak View Post

thanks, Zak
    School is pretty accurate. Gartleys and the animals are just ABCDs with a swing high or low infront of them (the X). The first part of your ABCD is correct but the second is not. You need to draw fibs from B to C to find where D should be (1.272 extension). Also, the harmonic patterns are accurate, you just need to correctly identify which pattern is forming. Another thing some people look for in an ABCD is AB=CD in terms of length. Keep practicing and you'll get the hang of it.

thanks guys that pretty helpful information, i just don't think i understood the school as much as i should have hopefully thats not a sign that im not worthy of forex haha.

sorry for double post but i have just realised that it could be possible for a to be x as in the swing high and the d could be calculated from that?

edit: looking at wrong chart when posted this lol.
    Last edited by unleashedzak; 11-23-2010 at 06:25 PM.

And this would be wrong because D doesn't fit into 1.272 fib ext or the AB=CD rule?

You'll typically be looking for nice symmetry with an AB=CD pattern. Here's one I was looking at back in June which was almost at completion when I drew the pattern:

With Gartleys, etc. your X point can be quite a bit higher / lower than the other 4 points but it's still nice the pattern to have an AB=CD pattern as part of it - apparently these are more reliable or so I've heard. Here's an EUR/USD one from back in June that worked out:

I think i'm beginning to get it haha, thanks PipBandit! I think i'm onto something but im not sure, i'm going to go back to the school and reread and renote about it. I am currently not even finished the school, i'm trying my best though.
    Last edited by unleashedzak; 11-23-2010 at 07:20 PM.

It's too early to say with your last attachment whether an ABCD will form. Monitor it for a bit and see if price continues to drop - if it does a CD leg might start to form. Do a fib extension then from point C and see how it looks at that point.

If you're looking for AB=CD patterns it's best to look for something that's underway. Look for that zig-zag shape that's already started so you can project a possible completion point for the pattern.

i have another pattern i think i've spotted, any help would be appreciated i have created a symmetry of AB=CD and it lies around the 1.272 mark.

I really appreciate the help guys I think its better coming from a person

Edit: i've let the trend carry on and as its developed i'm not sure if i've saw a fakeout or just a spike in the charts?
    Last edited by unleashedzak; 11-24-2010 at 10:18 AM. Reason: change

Forum Sponsors