Article: A Beginner's Guide To Scalping In The Forex Markets

Well here’s something that I know ALL of the ‘seasoned’ members of BabyPips will find very odd coming from me!!! LOL!!! For those that don’t know: I don’t scalp, have only ever lost money scalping, therefore am a long-term trader, and therefore don’t recommend scalping to anyone!!!

Be that as it may and, as always, just trying to help (and for those that are ‘hell bent’ on scalping) here’s what appears to be an excellent article on the subject:

A Beginner’s Guide To Scalping In The Forex Markets

Basically there’s no ‘right’ way or ‘wrong’ way to trade as long as you make money. If this works for you: then well done. If it doesn’t: come and visit me on my homepage (click on my username ‘dpaterso’ and then click on ‘Visit Homepage’)!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

I think that that is a key point that sometimes is not clear to newer traders. There is often no right or wrong in trading, whatever the specific question. Some people swear by indicators, some people don’t use them at all. Some people say scalping rules, others say that scalping is madness. Some people say that you need a clear trend to trade successfully, others say that that nonsense. Some say that you should focus only on one or two pairs, others say that a good strategy can be applied to many different pairs successfully. There are other examples. Point is, most of the possible approaches can work, but the trader is the variable. So there is no one-size-fits-all definitive answer, just shades of opinion. So a discussion of pros and cons is valid, and will often help clarify each individual’s thinking, it just generally won’t arrive at an answer that we will all agree on.

Anyway, sorry to drop a ramble in, just thought that you had made a point that sometimes gets overlooked.

ST

Hehe… as Dr Van Tharp put it… Anything can be profitable with the right money/risk/mental management.

(Disclaimer: There seems to be a problem as no matter what i do, my replies will rate the thread hence no offence as i will put all as average )