Forex Trading Group / team

Hello, I live in beautiful sunny Perth, Western Australia. I am trying to organize a group of traders to meet, share their trades and experiences, so that we can help each other, offer encouragement, and grow our skills. The problem that I am encountering is that Perth is the most isolated capital city in the world. Anyone here? Interested in joining? I do realize that it can be done online, and is done in these forums, but the face to face aspect is very valuable.

Hey there. I’m also looking to join a trading group. I’d like to find people who want to trade the Euro Session (12:00AM to 3:00AM or so EST). I know that this reply is a bit late, but if you’re still looking let me know!

It always seems to me that a trading group is a bit of a contradiction, since I don’t know about most traders, I certainly got into Forex for the independence, just me my computer and my trading account, if I wanted to join a group I’d find a job, or go to coffee mornings or something, not knocking it, just my view.

I guess the strategies traded would have to be pretty similar for it to work.

Yea, I see that like ppf. Frankly, my experience of teams or groups at all while I had my career is that in 99% of the cases around 50% of the group or more is too lazy or otherwise not working properly and profiting from other members. Why would I escape that vicinity and then join it in my new investment/trading career of my own? The second reason is that I do not need anybody else to make my decisions. I am doing it and I am 100% responsible for it and I like it as it is. If I recall all the endless debates about something doing or not in my past career, that was 80% of just time wasting, coffee drinking, lol.

Not to debunking groups or teams in general. There are cases in which a team or group is very helpful. To build a bridge or building like that with just one man would take a looong time, lol. I just believe that those fancy words what most tell about a team is[U] always[/U] better than a single human entity are not keeping with the truth. Particularly in trading you just need three things:

• KISS (keep it simple)
  • profitable system
  • Proper risk control

Then it’s very good doable by oneself.

Then another idea is that trading is like a war with battles. For a war there is usually one person responsible in the end and that is the general. The soldiers are just there for carry out operations, but they don’t decide anything. So that is all for a reason. In trading, who does need a lot of soldiers? You can have a nice computer and do all your trades with a click on the mouse button and entering numbers on the keyboard. Ha, I can even paint trendlines of my own in a second, while on paper it probably would look ugly, lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ain’t that the truth, and I’d mostly, with exceptions mind you, but on the whole find idiots above me, lazies to the left, and the awkward to the right, and the lost below!

LOL! Roflmao. :smiley: