Trade of the Week: Rules of the Contest

can’t wait to enter

Am I allowed to use my own hyper charts.

That’s good idea.

I liked that idea too.

I’ve found rather interesting contest for scalpers and wanna to trade. Could anybody prompt good ea?

This is nice and smart idea . Was very interesting to learn . If you wish to learn more about forex ask mario singh about this

Hi forex ninja ,iam a beginner here at the school of pipsology and i want to know what the dialogue is all about.

Wouldn’t a competition based on one trade only lead to someone just being lucky on one trade winning? Wouldn’t it be better to see performances over multiple trades to see good strategies ?

Fascinating read.

does newbie like me can also join here?

Appreciate your post i find it helpful.I am just a newbie any tips that you may impart will be highly appreciated.

Good thread forexninja.

Hi!You’re right its a great idea it’s really interesting.

Three Disciplines of Successful Traders

1. A trader must believe in The 10 Keys to Successful Trading and merge them into their
    personality. Success depends on creating a trading plan, and maintaining the discipline to TRADE
    THAT PLAN!
  2. A trader must be committed to Continuing Education. Study technical analyses and the
    psychology of successful trading. A trader must make logical decisions, void of emotions, while
    trading. Learn to trade in control!
  3. A trader must map out a sensible equity management plan to ensure a Return On Investment.
    Trade no more than 20% of a Margin Account and expose no more than 5% of that account on
    any single trade.

Levels of Traders

Level One
Beginner Trader - Studies and paper trades for a minimum of one month with pretend currency, gaining
the experience required to establish a track record of profitable performance.

Level Two
Advanced Beginner - Trades one or two lots with real money, learning to overcome emotions and at the
same time, establishes a track record of making money.

Level Three
Competent Trader - Trades with control over their emotional distractions. Utilizes proper equity
management and achieves a positive financial return.

Level Four
Proficient Trader – Trades with confidence, education and experience. Achieves positive financial
returns.

Level Five
Expert Trader - Instinctively executes profitable trades without emotion.

ForexNinja
im a newbie and i noticed that this competition was running in 2011…what was the outcome of the competition?..who won and what kind of trading ideas was usefull…im looking for a trade plan not using too many indicators, which i can stick with…untill i learned more and feel more confident
regards

Where can i find the results of the last weeks

Hi Camel,
I don’t know about FXCM or GFT, but I do have a live account at forex.com broker. Just type in google: difference between instant execution order VS market execution order. Or maybe you already know, but from what I understand is that you are searching for a broker that doesn’t do requoting right? I know that lots of small brokers do requoting, even the top 10 brokers in the world do it, even when they are regulated like Alpari. I asked the Alpari service team and they confirm that they are doing requoting for all their accounts, except for their pro account.
Going back onto market VS instant execution order, when a broker does instant execution order then they will definitely do requoting and in this case means that the broker will hit your SL so that the broker makes profit.
That is why you should look for brokers who are doing market execution order, which means that the broker cannot interfer with your SL. Even if the broker wants it, they still are not able to push PA to your SL, it’s impossible with market execution order. If you google this, then you will understand.

So your question is actually, which brokers are doing market execution order. As I mentioned Alpari does, but only with their pro account (not with their Cent or Fixed account). Forex.com, the broker you mentioned, is using market execution order so they cannot requote, even if they want, they just cannot, it’s impossible for forex.com. I also have a live account at forex.com and I agree.

I have a question about market VS instant execution order. On some websites I read that wiht market execution order you are unable to put in your TP and SL at the moment you are entering the trade. I remember this, cause I experienced this also 4 years ago. But right now at this moment the market execution order has changed, because now I AM able to put TP and SL when I’m entering a trade. What does this mean? Does this mean, that it been improved? And what exectly has improved, MetaTrader4? Was it the version of MT4 or the broker?

Is this thread still on?

It was as of 05-25-2015, at least there was some activity on it anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just joined this forum. Nice thread.