Is forex trading worth the time?

It seems like your asking more so if forex can help pay for your school and such so that you don’t need a 9 to 5 or some weird job to sustain yourself am I correct?

Yes, you need another source of cash. Take forex as your retirement plan. As you prctice add little funds time to time, something like 50 usd per month. For living you need at least 20k dolars in your account.

Regards.

SidB,

It really does worth the time.

Speaking for myself, there is no perfect recipe. I do work a full time job. I do trade outside my 9h to 5h job.

There is always something to learn in trading. But once your setup and the daily routine is set, it does cut down the time you need to spend in order to analyse your charts.

Bare in mind something. There is always a session that open or close. So no matter where you are in the world, I am sure you can catch some good opportunity. (London, NY or Asian session) All this without the need of staying awake all night.

I would says, finish your surgeon degree. When you have spare time, start reading on trading. Paper trade. Work as a surgeon and then start trading as hobby or sideline !!!

This post reminds me my last vacation. My daughter was sick and we when to a clinic in Orlando. The doctor had a trading setup directly in his office !!!

Oh dam, tell me one thing, this doctor was not newbie trader qulity like, doesn’t he? Jesus.

Regards.

Heh Gone, the last two posts had the utmost respect from me. They were truthful, funny, and informative.

The man who taught me was a pharmacist, I only got a brief lesson from my dad’s friend but it was enough to trickle my interest. He had charts setup directly from his office he didn’t really need the money but he was playing with it as a passive interest. I don’t work a 9 to 5 but am usually gone for more than weeks at a time so therefore if I had good trade setups in the mean time I wouldn’t have to touch I would be secure and make money two ways.

No. I do not think he was a Newbie. But he did told me something… Discipline, Discipline & Discipline…

Regards,

I do like my actual job and i do like my trading. Sometimes i just wanna get of that job but i have to come back to earth i won’t find another job just like that and my fx acc will not put bread upon my bare hands for the moment. So as in trading there is some bad moments that i just have the ability to move on, in my carrer i must do the same, it is a temporary thing, when it is emotional the final result is bad. All emotions are bad, at least for trading, happines included.

Regads.

I like your comment, you totally spoke my language and believe me dude surgeries aren’t that bad haha. Thanks for the support.

Yeah more or less you are correct

well that’s neat. So i am thinking of looking into trading gradually and slowly.

There are three types of traders bulls, bears an pigs. Bulls get rich, Bears get rich, Pigs get slaugthered.

Pigs are the ones to try to get any trade any moment. They have a lot of trades but a few earns.

Regards.

Sidb Only you can answer this qustion. It all boils down to these questions. How much is you time worth? How much do you have to invest in Forex? Can you realistically make what you need your time to be worth trading forex with the capital you have to invest? If you can answer those questions and the last question will be either yes or no and thats you final answer. Trading is not for everyone if you have to make Forex fit your lifestyle then you are probably not going to make it. But you have to remember 1 thing it dont take alot of time to make a living on forex you dont have to look at charts till your eyeballs bleed. Less can truly be more. Good luck on your way to becoming a trader and a doctor.

I would say it’s only worth the time if you do enjoy it. Otherwise it’s better to do long-term investments.

Very interesting question, cause there are lots of different opinions. I’ve heared that forex is scum and you can only lose money here, and other people said that it’s a perfect variant to those who want to make money and work when they want.
I trade for some time and like it. Hope, losses won’t upset me very much. It’s naturally that where are wins, there are losses too. Hope, I’ll be ready for that (now I haven’t lost much money) and I won’t regret about the time spent of forex

Hello SidB! I respect your profession! No doubt, you are very smart guy! In addition, you may know Forex trading business is open for part time traders! But, you are seeking money, that’s not good sign for a new trader! You have to spend here enough sessions to learn, then you may able to make handsome money within very short time, best of luck!

Almost trader treat forex as part time business, and we can making money from forex as additional income, but I have seen also many trader they treat forex as full time business and they can making good money from this business because already understand how to making money here

I’m sure I’m not the only one benefitting from the profundity of all these insights, which really add a certain je ne sais quoi to making the forum what it is.

It sure is but only if you are improving with the passage of time. If you are only hoping that one day you will generate a huge profit and after that you will start “proper” trading, then you are only wasting your time.

I really need to make a habit of checking when the initial question was posted before trying to answer.
It’s been five years since this question was posted, I wonder what happened.

Sadly, the OP dropped out of medical school … but on a brighter note he now runs the biggest hedge-fund in Hyderabad.

(Possibly.)

Investing time in understanding the trading is totally worth the time.
I have been in the trading form last six years and have learnt a lot have seen lot of ups and downs in my trading and. From my experience, I can say that trading requires a lot of patience and commitment and you can’t always make profits.
However, if I look in to your situation then your circumstances are completely different.
As you mentioned that you are beginner in trading then definitely you would have need put lot of efforts to understand the trading which seems difficult given your tight academic schedule.
And one more point you mentioned for which are completely mistaken – you are thinking forex trading as fixed source of income. In this financial world, except bonds and bank deposits (even though returns are very low), nothing can provide you the guaranteed source of return while protecting your invested principal amount.
Forex trading entails lot of risk, due to high leverage it has the potential to give you handsome return in short period but it does have the potential to cause the serious damage to your invested capital.
Learning trading is different thing but expecting a constant return on your invested capital is totally different things. You can’t make some reasonable amount of profits while learning and it require some reasonable amount of time to understand the trading.
My suggestion is first you need to define your goals that whether you want to learn the trading or you are just attracted to Forex market due to its high profit potentials.

1 Like

Olivia, do you realise that the person you’re talking to was last here [B][U]5 years ago[/U][/B]??? :26: