Is forex trading worth the time?

Absolutely right but trader requires money to start trading which a doctor can save through his service and start trading with the savings in the free time, but doctor’s might not be able to spare free time i think so…

Lol, but I really get your point and the detailed information you provided. Never even knew about some of the things you mention, your point is quite succinct!

Yes, it is worth it. But perspectives can be changed depending upon one’s preference. Forex trading can be best suited for those who are risk lovers. As in this business there are likely chances that you will lose what you have invested. Deep in sight, skills, knowledge and confidence can help become a successful trader.

‘Thousand bucks a week’? Very modest of you :slight_smile: Well, if you can get to the level where you earn $1000 a week then it is definitely worth it.

This is already profesional trader I think can making thousand dollar a week, I think capital that required also more than million dollar, different with retail trader only get small profit as dime money and sometime fail and losing money

Not at all, Bearish.

Basic arithmetic shows how far out you are: if you take a trader making just 5% per month, and assume only 4 weeks in a month without intramensal compounding, then that’s 1.25% per week, so $1,000 would require $80,000 capital. That’s rather a long way from a million! :o

The answer is no. A real trader can easily double up an account in a month, If he decide to take the risk by utilizing higher margin. Gaining say 10% return a month is probably not worth the time. You can easily burn 100% of the equity the following month when you go on tilt. The amount of time required to attain such profound level, i’m beginning to realize that it seems 24 hours a day, until the day you die or stop trading permanently. What kind of life is that? A PART-TIME consistent profitable trader. No such thing.

If you are wondering whether you should get into the forex market, that is makes sense. Because we know that this is the largest and rapidly growing market of the world. Anyone here can be easily confused by watching its enormous shape which is spreading all the time like universe. This market is the choice of big players such as hedge funds and institutional investors.
In this gigantic market how can you trade the currency without knowing some of the major milestones that helped to shape the market into what it has become today. That is mean you must learn first. The knowledge is all matter in this sector. Then spending in this business your time and money will be worthy and countable.

I am glad that you’re saying this because people often severely underestimate how long it takes to learn to trade profitably. It’s like another university education – it takes as long, if not longer, as much effort, often it takes as much money (as one blows account after an account) in order to get to that point. People install a trading platform and think that in a few months they’ll be rich and it couldn’t be further from reality.

The longer I trade for, and the more I see other people learning to trade, the more I agree with this. :cool:

That realization hit me maybe about three years into my learning process. I was going through another university education – all by myself, without any teachers, and I was investing my money in it. It was a very sobering thought.

Yes, you can profit a lot of forex, but you do not have the risk and enter a small contracts Anta avoid losing your entire account

There is always a risk related to Forex trading. No matter how small your position, there is a risk. Not to mention that the smaller the position, the smaller the profit too. So you can’t really profit a lot if you’re trading very small.

Yes it is. There is nobody who is part timer in forex and can make profit with great consistency, if we want to get maximal result from Forex , obviously we have to pass full time in this volatile trading place,

Sorry, no offence meant but this is just nonsense: there are [B][U]many[/U][/B] people who are part-timers in forex and make steady profits.

I’m not trying to be rude to you for the sake of it, Luke, but you’ve made three posts here, so far, and all three are just totally misguided.

I doubt whether even 2% of the members here (and in many other trading forums) are full-time traders. Sorry, but you just couldn’t be more wrong. :8:

Yes i feel forex is definitely worth the time if you know what you are doing. Forex is not for those to gamble. It is a business to be nurtured with time and efforts over a long time to be successful. Trading requires a lot of patience and commitment and you can’t always make profits. Learning is the important component of forex.

I think yes, because you can make money betting on the fluctuations in value of foreign currencies.
there is buying opportunities.It’s set up to be a rather risky endeavor . It’s always encourage new traders. You can do to manage your forex risk. Forex trading system is somewhat rigged to encourage risky behavior. It’s set out with a plan to protect yourself. So forex trading worth time.

Forex trading is worth the time, one can make a lot of money trading forex but it takes time and a great deal of effort to get good at it. If the person feels he has the potential, then also it is advised to learn, learn and learn. As above said, learning is the most essential component of forex. So, more the time you invest in learning, more will be forex trading worth for you.

Hello. I would like to know how many yeas have you been trading already, and are you already profitable now?

My trading experience is almost 1 year as I just started in May 2016. I was never able to withdraw money because I always wipe out my micro account. I wanna now how many years does it take to become a consistently profitable trader.

Thats a difficult one to answer. Individual traders are going to take different amounts of time to become consistently profitable.
So many factors will affect the time it takes, the traders level of intelligence, their pre-trading background, the time and effort they put into studying fx before and while they are traders, their support group (if any) and the groups experiences.
May be easier to try any suggest a minimum amount of time it could take.
Assuming a new trader joins here from scratch, has an average IQ, no previous experience in fx or related fields, and is a lone trader (not part of a support group of other traders), then I would hazard to suggest min. 12 months of study during which he/she can demo trade as they start, moving onto a small live account after a few months, and say another 18 months minimum before they can honestly claim to be consistently profitable. This would give a minimum 2 and a half years, in my own opinion.
Clearly other people will have their own opinions, this is just my thoughts.