(ASK)is learning forex same with stock?

i’m newbie and i want to trade stock, is it ok for me to learn from this website(learning forex) to do stock trading?

I honestly don’t know but it would probably be better to learn from a stocks site. Chart analysis is the same for the method I use though.

I used to trade some stocks and I didn’t find changing to forex to hard. There are other things to considder with stock trading (dividends for example) which don’t apply with forex and it really depends on your trading style in my opinion. Trends and indicators apply equally across the board. The real difference is the way which price moves, in my experience forex is more “fluid” (constantly on the move), where as some stocks can be more akward and stay flat for periods of time. But again it depends what stocks you’re trading and learning the way an asset moves just takes time.

One words of warning, look out for market opening hours. They don’t seem to be such a big deal in forex (i’m never awake for them anyway lol) compared with what I saw in some stocks (be especially careful if you ever look at trading indicies), the price can shoot around a lot when the markets open.

To cut a long post short; I don’t think there are any basic learning difference, only a couple of nuances which can only be observed through expierience anyway. I don’t think anything is fundementally different, so there are plenty of useful resources in the babypips school. Although I doubt the forums will be as helpful here as at a dedicated stock trading site.

The basic principles of trading are consistent across markets. That said, there are some significant differences between stock and forex trading. The two most influential are the differences in how shorting and margin trading are handled. You absolutely need to understand that.

Thx for the answers