Looking for a good trade log

The title says it all. I’m on the search for a good noob friendly trade log. This (spreadsheet) is what I currently have but IMHO it is to basic. Without being able to list every detail of the trade nothing is learned besides profit and loss.

Do you think it would be better to know how often a certain setup works on a certain pair at a certain time ect? This is the basic idea. Hopefully someone knows of a free program. If you do please let me and the rest of babypips know :). Spreadsheets are somewhat limited in use…

Babypips wont allow open office attachments sorry.

Off to search the web :57:

After a lot of searching I’ve found nothing free. A lot of demo this for 30 days then pay x amount of money programs. It’s quite surprising really thought I’d find something…

Edit:

Found a one time payment program looks like exactly what I need. If no one has a free software might end up spending the money.

What does the acronym IMHO stand for in your first post?

I am going to go out on a limb here but I think it means imho= in my honest opinion

Could be wrong but I doubt it.

Crazy I have searched every where and where my computer only supported open office I found a crap load of read only excel and another micro office app cant remember. But now I have every microsoft office 2010 aoo there is I cant find them again to save my life. So if you do please post heck even if the price is right post it anyway and let the people decide if it is to rich for there blood thats an important part to trading and I have made one myself with charts on my progress but it leaves alot to be desired imo.

I have been using MT4i.com. It is a free website that gets data from your Metatrader platform and automatically creates reports about your trading. The only weakness is it doesn’t have a place where you can put notes about your trade. Another free site is MyFXBook.com. It is similar but has fewer reports. The advantage is that you can add your own notes and screenshots into each trade.

These two websites eliminate the need for spreadsheets forever.

I will check them out thanks

Bob - Yes in my honest opinion is correct. If you would like me to post a external download link to the open office sheet let me know. It makes use of macro’s all you need to do is set your lot size, risk %, balance, and number of pips gained. It calculates all the rest.

Hugh - Thanks for adding a few online resources.

The only problem I have with the many different mt4 connected sites is they use an EA that slows down MT4 considerably. I have 6 gigs yet it still slows down the process quite a bit with a lots of charts open. This may not be so if only a few charts are open at a time.

This thread was supposed to be for free trade logs though there isn’t much truly free. Here is a link to what I maybe buying vary soon. Check out the video’s to see all it can do. Vary reasonably priced compared to other journal software’s.

the4xjournal

Note : I have no affiliation with this it just looks like the best bang for my buck. Hopefully no one shuns me for posting this.