Summer internship on forex

Hello
I am at my first year at university and I am interested to do a summer internship on a company dealing with forex or generally with stock market.
Do you know any site or companies having summer internships for undergraduates?

Hey bud,

I’m in first year as well, and chances are, I’ll be straightforward, you’ll find nothing.

You’ve barely touched the surface of the financial markets. The only way I see you could get some sort of job like that is if you have an insider that can refer you. Even then that’s really hard, unless it’s the printer boy or something like that.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Clark

Most investment banks take on summer placements but usually only for second and third years undergrad’s and usually ‘Ivy League’. Places are way over subcribed so the more interesting you can make your CV the better!

Seems to me working in a bank, even as a teller, for a summer might open some doors for future years.

Hi I am also looking for a internship or paid job in forex trading, I don’t mind as long as I can learn and earn. If any one knows any opportunity in London pls let me know. I have finished my graduation. I am trading forex almost 2 years now, but still learning something new everyday.after lost all my savings in trading I am practicing in demo now. I have finished reading the babypips school 1 time, and almost at the end of my 2nd time reading and understanding in babypips school.

Hmm… difficult. To get a paying job you’ll need recognised quals (look to investapeadia) they are all listed. Unfortunately now is not a good time if you have no track record… alot of very experienced traders have crossed over to FX in recent years. Who you going to hire a guy that has ‘twenty’ in the biz or a newb fresh out of exams? Best advise I can offer is keep a rock solid journal of every trade over three years (make dam sure its back testable A1 accurate) and if its well… way above average, you’ll get past the door. But it needs to be trades that didn’t bet the farm! 0.1% of balance trades… SL of 1%, etc. They are looking for a guy or girl who can make steady gains year in year out… not captian fantastic in and out for 10%.

what about summer internships in Europe? do you know something about that?

Yes I do… look to Canary Wharf! Big oil trading floor and HSBC… a few other players but these two are it! Good hunting!

Thanks for the advice,it will be great if I can keep the trade journal for three years, if I don’t get any opportunity to work for any firm, still I can use it for my future reference. I am still new I did not keep my trade journal for my past trade, but from now on I will try to keep the trade journal.

Do you guys know any trader in London.who is trading for few years have good knowledge of trading but not the course provider.

If you are consistent winner for 3 years you don’t need to work for a company…lots of extra pressure which can make you unprofitable.