Around when does the volume start to come back?

These spreads are ridiculous, I want to make a trade, but my gut is telling me to wait it out.

This time last year, I wasn’t really in currencies. For those of you that were, when can we expect volume to get back to normal?

If there is no bank holiday anymore plus some market mover news coming out.

Thanks for the quick reply Buckscoder, but I had a hard time deciphering your message.

Usually the second week in Jan all should be back to normal. Some people wait untill the first week.
Most of the people i have spoken too are waiting for the 16th Jan 2012

That explains the email I got from my firm saying don’t come in till the 16th “our systems are down” I assumed they were getting ready to fire me since it was my 2 weeks.

lol - nice try :slight_smile:

I hate low liquidity, as it really effects my trading. Thats my main reason for waiting out untill the second week in January

I personally look at my charts and the spread to figure out when is a good time to come back. Also you can always use babypips as and indicator of when things get back to normal. Once things get back to mormal trust me you will hear about it on this site :slight_smile:

I was trading pretty well these last two weeks, but wanted to make a trade today, and the spreads were just out of control. When does that end of it get back to normal?

I don’t know about your broker but my spreads are back to normal on Oanda this morning. Probably won’t be trading but watching how 2012 starts out.

Yep, mine too. That’s all I cared about. Trading has actually been less hectic for me with this lowered volume, the times it comes to a standstill notwithstanding. Was looking at a play on the GBP/AUD, and was none too happy to see it at a 22 pip spread at 2AM PST when the markets should be in motion.