Which time frame to trade? (I am starting out and am confused.)

Dear Forum:

Which time frame to I use to trade? Daily? 12 hour, 3 hour, 1 hour?

I am a little confused and if someone would point me in the right direction, I would be grateful.

Thanks,:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I recommend reading our [B]lesson[/B] on trading multiple timeframes.

You should also consider the amount of “screen time”, the amount of that that you’ll be able to committ watching charts on your computer screen, if you trade using technical analysis.

Heloo thr…welcome to the trading world…this pdf breifs you on when to trade…hope this will be helpful…however, the lesson here is also good…i would strongly recommend you to go through the lessons here before you start your journey in trading world…

Good luck!

Thanks Forex Ninja and SmallWonder. :slight_smile:

I did not know the lesson was in the preschool and the pdf was helpful too.

Fernao

I usually look for trends on the 4hr chart. I’ve found it to be the most reliable thus far. When I think I have a good angle on a trend, I’ll then narrow it down to the 15min chart and take it from there.

I too prefer the 4 hour and 15 minute charts. I have found that they give the most stable and trustworthy long-term and short-term signals. That doesn’t mean, however, that one should completely overlook the rest.

For starters I would recommend daily TF. Less signals it will test your patience and discipline. I personally like daily TF but usually will zoom into 4H for early entries.

Bro, the is no right or wrong time frame but I’ll also recommend the 4 hr chart for analysis work finding opportunity then dropping down to the 15 min or 5 min chart for entry. If your really bold learning PA on the tick charts is very lucrative.

Yeah, agree with here. Better to trade on Higher Time frames to avoid noise and false signals

It’s up to you, really. You get more signals on the lower timeframes, but transaction costs will eat up a bigger % of your profits (and add to your losses). You’ll also need to watch charts longer.

May be you should try them all for same time and than the one who is most suitable you can use it.

Thanks; very interesting

You should start your practice on daily time frame. It my sound a bit odd and difficult but you will see the good results in your trading account and also the patience is greatly practiced in this time frame.

I think the best time frame charts are higher time frame charts because we can on this chart find less false signals and so earn more money.

That part’s true.

It’s the “so” that’s the problem, there. It isn’t necessarily so, at all.

You haven’t taken trading frequency into account.

Some of us find that it’s much more profitable to make (for example) an average of 10 pips, an average of 6 times per day, than it is to make an average of 20 pips once or twice per day.

Even if lower time-frame signals are less reliable (and therefore average out at a lower profit per trade taken), their far greater frequency may still make them collectively [B][U]more[/U][/B] profitable. And often [U]does[/U].

By the way, this thread is nearly [B][U]a decade old[/U][/B]! :rolleyes:

I think you are the beginner in binary trading or you need to know more about it. I want to suggest you the best available time for trade.

Looks like you’re right out of luck, there, Adam: as you’d know if you’d read the thread before replying to it, the question you’re answering was asked in June 2007 by someone who hasn’t logged in since July 2007.

Are you [I][U]really[/U][/I] so desperate for traffic to your site that you have to pollute the forum with this nonsense?

The choice of time frame depends upon the trading style of a trader and their overall approach. Time mentioned by you- daily analysis or mostly used 4 hr chart is suitable for positional trading those who are long term traders and have long term approach. Time frame of 1 hr and less than that like 15min chart or 5 min chart are suitable for day traders who prefer to trade for short term.
So, it all depends upon a optimal strategy does with which a person wants to trade and should select a time frame accordingly.

Yes I think also depending with each trader style, might if any trader like as swing trader hence they can use at least 4 hour and combine with daily timeframe and for scalping trader might they can using 5 minute timeframe and combine with 1 hour timeframe

Another grossly misguided post brought to you by the good people at “bearish and Co.” A “scalper”(lets use the word appropriately) cares not for time frames and is, in practice, unobtainable to us retail traders. So why post such rubbish bro? Scalpers use order flow and that information is only available to the interbank market. And before I get corrected about futures markets do you really thing we can compete there scalping?