Demo account with real-time, actual currency prices?

Hey guys!

I’m a noob and wanted to start with a demo account, but before I begin I wanted make sure that I’m going about this correctly so I hope you guys don’t mind some silly questions. :slight_smile:

I would like to use [B]REAL prices[/B] because I’m very curious to to see how current news affects things.

I’d like something where I can use real world, real time pricing but basically make dummy trades… not an FXGame sort of thing (like what Oanda gives you on their demo).

I am located in Canada if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Amost every Forex broker offers what you are looking for. Some expire in a given duration of time, some are unlimited. :slight_smile:
Just watch out though, demo doesn’t have slippage.

Have fun. :slight_smile:

You will be able to see how news affects price but you will not get an accurate picture for TRADING during the news on a demo account.

Just out of curiosity? What are you looking for exactly? I’ve dabbled in live news trading and might be able to point out some pitfalls.

I used Oandas Demo, it was unlimited and you have unlimited MT4. You can also reset your account balance to what ever you would actually deposit making it more realistic. I found that helpful when i was demoing. The demo prices they use are the same as their live feed for live trading

there are minor difference in demo and live accounts the acctual prices are almost the same, but slippage and other execution issues can be different, but for now you do not have to worry about it, i mean you can practice with demo accounts as much as you want and then when turning live, jsut start with a very small micro account to get a feel of some the differences so you wont be shocked specially during news outbreaks :smiley: I trade with hotforex and use the MT4 platform, you can also try their demo infact you can open multiple demos to do some testing on them :slight_smile: best of luck