Historical Forex data

Hi all,

I am a new member of the forum. I have been learning about Forex for a few month now and I have been paper trading alittle to learn and get better.

I was wondering if there is a place on the web where I could download historical intraday forex data. The reason I would like this data is to take a day at random, then apply my knowledge and make paper orders and see if my technique is good or not.

Thank you all
Crouz

You must search in the Google and you can get the Historical data for past analysis and trading simulation.

Ideally i will advise you to go for a Demo trading account which you can use with zero risks :slight_smile:

You can open a demo account with a broker and use their data. I found Alpari to be the best so far. Their historical data seems to be the most clean compared to the others.

Yahoo! and go to their Finance icon, then type EURUSD, GBPUSD,USDCHF,USDJPY ETC.
Anotherway is sign up with one of popular brokers, such as, FXCM,FXDD,Gain capital(FOREX.COM)…

There are lots of argument about historical Forex data, in fact they’re even theories that state that the data of exchange rates today are independent of that of yesterday and the day before.

e.g efficient market hypothesis, Random walk theory although they deal with stock prices but they are also related to Forex as well.

Thank you all for the replies, there is knowledge to be had in every single one of them.

Crouz