What do you do when you loss?

Well i loss much in my life.But i learn something from that loss. You want to make a change by making some money.But after lossing their is also a change in your life, You start thinking before spending your money…

What do I do when I lose…I usually go onto Google maps, and search for the closest bridge. I find the actual ‘[I]as if your walking down the street view[/I]’ works best as you can see what your up against and you also know what your looking for once you embark on your journey.

When I arrive I wait till night, and jump.

We all have different ways of dealing with stress, you could always call the Good Samaritan for advice.

Usually after a loss I kill and eat a baby, it helps a lot.

After loss, I take break from trading for some days, try to find out the reasons behind it and then again start trading. Even it is not easy to control emotion after loss.

I keep trading. A profit or loss should not alter your mood. Trading is emotionless and unless you can master that you are doomed to fail anyway. Before you enter a trade you need to set your own parameters for when you are willing to exit a losing position and when you are willing to close for a profit. You need to to that before you place your trades and then stick with it.

“Don’t run when you lose, don’t wine when it hurts. Its like first grade, no one likes a cry baby” Gekko
Moral of the story: get up and keep trading! :smiley:

Take a the next trade.

I agree with this. And I might add that I analyze the bad trade… what did I do that I shouldn’t have done, what did I overlook? If it was something I didn’t know, then how can I further educate myself? And I admit, that when I lose, I often find myself reluctant to trade for awhile - the old fear factor setting in. I also reinforce trading “rules” like know your stop loss before you enter. And, knowing the stop loss, STICK TO IT! My last losing trade I saw the market move against me. I was so sure I was right, that a turn-around was inevitable, that I doubled the amount in the trade. That just doubled my loss! … stupid, but good experience.

When I lose I shrug and move on to the next trade.
If I lose a lot I start to question my system and review my trades.
It’s because I’m not whiny and immature. I’m a trader, I signed up for this.

If you whine about losing 2% of your account you’re too weak minded to succeed in trading.
If you risk more than 2% of your account you’re probably never going to make it anyway.

Good point DreadTrade. Very good point!

I agree jperl, as long as you learn from your mistakes you are on the right track.

The only benchmark I pay attention to is my end of month account balance. If my balance is higher at the end of the month than it was at the beginning, I’m happy.

What would I do if I had a losing month? Probably up the coffee intake and might trade smaller position sizes. :44:

In the long run you’ll win and lose trades, so focus on whether your balance is increasing or decreasing, that might be the only honest measure of your trading success.

When I lose money, I head over to the nearest Barrista, get my fill of coffee and chocloate and take in a movie or something along those lines…

“you hit the nail on the head” I always consider all aspects of the trade before I enter and am fully aware of what my total exposure is. If if things do turn sour, I wont have to sell the farm!

Ok, we need a lesson here.

>lose: verb; present tense.
>lost: verb; past tense.
>loss: noun…
>loose: adjective; it means not fixed in place, not tied up.

Lose: I/we/they always lose/he/she always loses.
Lost: Yesterday, I lost/she lost (the game)
loss: It was a great loss
loose: His shoes are loose

Right, now we can continue using the right words in the correct context :smiley:

Lol ahh, does not sound too bad. Hope you did not develop a caffeine addiction :stuck_out_tongue:

Well loss is possible in trading. I also face much loss in my life. But we should face it and gain experience from this loss. We should change our policy and plan and try to find out the reason behind it. But it is not easy to control after a loss.

Well you’re not entirely right.

1)Loss is possible in trading.
Loss is [B]expected[/B] in trading.

2)We should change our policy and plan and try to find out the reason behind it.
No. Maybe in life. Not in trading. Doing everything right can lead to loss. Keep doing it if you think it’s right. Only consistent loss should prompt you to question your plans.

3)But it is not easy to control after a loss.
I don’t know exactly what you mean so I’ll examine both possibilities.
Not easy to control yourself? Well you should stick to the 2% rule. You’ll not lose control. If you do quit trading. :cool:
Not easy to control losses? Well, after a loss has been made you can’t control it. You control it before it has been made. Using stop loss.

:43:

the thing that sucks about losing is you can’t changed what is done, sowhy even try thinking about it. if you fall then stand up and move on, if you lose in a trade then forget about it and start fresh.

Those traders who can’t handle losses and seem to undergo a complete change because of a loss are better off not trading.

It wait for the good time because i know that when i am following my rules,I’ll be profitable in the end.I tell you what"There’s a bad thing in good time that it ends and there is a good thing in bad time that it also ends". :stuck_out_tongue: