Trading Mentor

Does anyone know where I could find a trading mentor.
Any help is appreciated.
Have a wonderful day all.

Hi PipMister,

These two guys have been great mentors to me:
-> 301 Moved Permanently
-> 301 Moved Permanently

Check out their posts/thread (majoring on forex price action trading on clean charts, no indicators) and feel free to PM them/me incase of further questions

Cheers!

1 Like

I could not suggest anything more valuable than these thread’s. They taught me a lot and helped me in reducing my learning curve ( By this i mean to say i didn’t waste much time on robot’s or indies)

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/36328-what-every-new-aspiring-forex-trader-still-wants-know.html

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/39634-pure-price-action-dummies.html

1 Like

It would be difficult to find a mentor, specially one that suits your personality and one whose trading strategy will appeal to you. But if you find one, you are very lucky.

On the other hand, some forum threads here and elsewhere can act as your ‘mentor’. There are also many forum members who graciously help (based on my experience).

While searching for your mentor, I suggest that you continue on with your journey to trading knowledge.

Thanks to those who responded to my request for info on a trading mentor.

Easy.

Yourself.

Could have not said it any better. I only had one mentor, the markets! They taught me all I needed to know.

Andrew Mitchem (“The Forex Trading Coach”) has got a lot of 5 star reviews in Forex Peace Army but I have not had any practical experience with him. Do a Google search for “5 star forex trading coach”.

There is Ezekiel Chew, a forex mentor (I did not take any help of his so far).

On this great site there must be lots of good mentors. My personal favourites are Chris Capre and DnB, both Price Action teachers.Their threads are:

Understanding Price Action by Chris Capre
Price Action, Candlesticks, and the Story They Tell by DnB Price Action.

Both worth checking out imho.

In my opinion - Al Lorente with his “Extreme TMA” site at FF and Bob at FF with his NB 10.2 thread.

Interesting - I read OP’s question as wanting a ‘real life’ mentor, ie. someone to meet, trade with, learn from, have an active two-way discussion with. Whatever the relative merits of the various discussion group threads on here, the various thread starters’ attention will not be focussed on OP in the way that a true mentor would be.

I don’t know of any standalone coaches - I have come across various people who will provide coaching/mentoring, but they generally want someone to go through a course and then move through to the mentoring, as the courses tend to weed out those with a style incompatible with the mentor’s.

yes it weeds out others and prepares the course takers for what is to come.
if the student is ‘compatible’, the journey with a mentor might be fruitful.

My bad for not reading everything…however with Chris Capre you can do his relatively inexpensive PA course and you do get a skype call included, there is a forum with day to day feedback and several of his trader/students have gone onto to trade pro and/or in his Trading Team/Fund.l know others do this too. ForexmentorPro have mentors with different styles and a very active forum plus a very cheap trial…$5 or $6 l think to see if you like it then after that its also quite cheap. Niall Fuller has a popular forum/course but l never get the sense he’s a real pro trader though he talks the talk well! Forexschoolonline is also good.(l’ve paid for each of these courses plus a few more so my comments are my true opinion not promos of any sort!)

how much have you paid for these courses?
do you still feel the need to take more courses? seems like you have attended quite a lot already.

Being learning the game for about 3 and a half to 4 years now so l have done a little of everything over that time before settling on PA. But actually put all my courses together and they don’t even add up to half of what people commonly paid for a weekend workshop in the boom days, much much less actually. However,if you can learn to trade without investing time and money in your education good on you but most people will need to spend both time and hard earned money or perhaps some will just pay the market itself in losses.You can get a lot of excellent education in FX these days for a few hundred dollars if you choose wisely as well as finding some great free sites like this one.
Also, l am still happy to carry on buying books and even another course too one day as l really enjoy trading and sometimes just picking up one good tip can really improve your trading and pay you back the out lay.

Trading coach, affiliate and members with hidden agenda love this thread :53:

Surely there doesn’t have to be a conspiracy theory for every thread on BP, even these days?

Maybe you are a tad too cynical luiz…you can’t logically get an informed opinion about a product/course/mentor unless the person has tried it. You will need to use your common sense to detect blatant promos etc but some of us like to respect the integrity of this honourable forum and only post honest reviews and opinions. Just as in the FX market where there are Fakeouts and Breakouts, l guess you will get rewarded for spotting the difference!

Babypips is the best place to attract newbies. Where else?