Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series - Page 51
Page 51 of 895 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 551 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PureMuscle View Post
    Under normal circumstances it wouldn't be, because it's neither in the buy or the sell zone, and today it is in line with the Asian session high, retracing there after a Judas swing upwards... Doesn't look ideal for a buy, but stranger things have happened!
    Hi PureMuscle, well i basically used it as a S/R point if it stacks with other S/Rs. In this case, the AZN range high + Previous Significant Support level and OTE. Not sure if its the right way though... always thought CPP can be used as a s/r level haha..

Haha bro of course it can be used It's there to be bounced off of I was just asking because it wasn't looking like a typical London Open buy day. If you wanted perfect confluences you would've rather bought price below the CPP (in the buy zone) and below the Asian range high.

But regardless, the trade pulled in an easy 30 pips, so congrats

Thanks PM for the comment, yea thinking back, that might not be the highest probability trade to be made. could have gone wrong lol...

Quote Originally Posted by PureMuscle View Post
    Haha bro of course it can be used It's there to be bounced off of I was just asking because it wasn't looking like a typical London Open buy day. If you wanted perfect confluences you would've rather bought price below the CPP (in the buy zone) and below the Asian range high.

But regardless, the trade pulled in an easy 30 pips, so congrats

this endless 30-60 range in cable, looks like a Super-Asian range. if days had 60 hours then it would be. these silly banks.. i wonder could a super range cause a Super Judas?

Default VIX versus USD

ICT,

With all the correlations in the markets, did you ever consider using the VIX index?
    $VIX | Index Price Chart for CBOE Volatility Index

Because this index gives a view of the "fear" in the market, I think it should be correlated with the USDX index. More fear=move to safe haven USD, EUR/GBP will go down.

You can see clear divergences when plotting both the VIX and USD on a chart. For instance, on the above link, I could see divergences on 30st of March, 3rd of July, top of 24th of July, ... which seems to correspond wth a nice move in the EUR pair for example.

Can we add this index also to our tools of divergence checks, or did you find this - with all your years of Wisdom - not te be very useful/exact/... ?

Oh and btw, we're almost one month in PTC, so a status update is due

2011: trading without any knowledge and ICT: total armageddon
    feb 2012-sep 2012: discovery of ICT material: 3% gain overall during this period:
    sep 2012-oct 2012: PTC and Trading Plan Development with better understanding of the correlated markets + apply of the tools learned: 12% gain of the account during this month alone.

So kudos to you for all your hard work and dedication to this community!

After watching ICT's latest PTC video I have begun plotting the SMT Divergence running into the AR, especially on H1

Seems very indcative which pair the the best the go Long on, provided that one gets the bias correct from the LT TFs.

Name:  Fiber Cacle H1 SMT Divergence 2 Oct 2012.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  61.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rod178 View Post
    After watching ICT's latest PTC video I have begun plotting the SMT Divergence running into the AR, especially on H1

Seems very indcative which pair the the best the go Long on, provided that one gets the bias correct from the LT TFs.

very interesting. especially that it has potential for such an early signal

Quote Originally Posted by rod178 View Post

You have made some SMT div indi???
    I was thinking to do something like that also.... but still haven't time to sit and write the code

Quote Originally Posted by dancostar View Post
    I was thinking to do something like that also.... but still haven't time to sit and write the code
    Just eyeballs

Quote Originally Posted by dancostar

Can you make a divergence indicator? I'm not a programmer but I've gone over the basics of c and c++ I wasn't sure how to without continually updating the swing highs and lows. I've been wanting an ea that trades the figure bounce and uses SMT to confirm.

EDIT: iPhone autocorrect issues :-D
    Last edited by IyaJenkei; 10-02-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Forum Sponsors