Channel trading: is it the holy grail?

I came across this idea of ‘channel trading’, where you effectively create a ‘channel’ within a cross and trade that, opening up buy and sell positions at every move up or down of 50 pips.

Will provide links when I cross 5 posts, but just wanted to get your initial reaction?

Here is more details on the system:

Where the system is explained in more detail, charts are provided as are excel sheets with the calculations.

I am trading it now on my own account.

Let us know in three months what you think about it.

depend on ourself to be honest.

Stick with what we believe more powerful. And yes, simple “thing” is the best :slight_smile:

That is a very different way to channel trade to what I am used to seeing/using.

If it works for you than go for it though.

Other types of channel trading can be found in Curtis Faith’s ‘The Way of the Turtle’ and Courtney D. Smith’s ‘How to make a living trading Foreign Exchange’

Thank you for the tips Cyco.

I will keep you updated on the results. So far I am up with several hundred pips; and the live trading account which traded this from the start is up 165% over the past 12 months in realized equity.

Thank you for your kind compliments Frawan, I appreciate it !!. I really don´t know if my system is “The holy grail” in trading and as Cyco says,then it´s a bit different. The basic principles are very simple really, in this way it is similar to a regular channel. The big difference is that a channel has got borders, this system doesn´t due to the hour-glass formation. As I can see then the people which replied here are experienced traders, so I will not go in details as you can see those by following the above link. When I say that, I don´t know if it´s the holy grail , it´s because I have publicly challenged anyone to break the channel. Several have tried but not succeeded, I myself has tried for a couple of years now also, but I can´t find “the weak link” . Some of the people which tried, to break the system were pro-traders, maths professors ( the whole system is based on maths ) and also a broker. The system is basically a volture, looking very innocent in the beginning, but it turn 2.000 usd into 384.000 usd in 500 steps, which should take around 2 years. The channel Frawan mention is now at step 178, so 322 steps to go. The oldest channel is running since 4 years and is now at step 900. I basically introduced this on eToro , because some traders asked me if there wasn´t any more safe way of trading, as they had lost a lot. So I did so in April last year. It wasn´t meant to become almost “cult” as it is now, with lots of traders adapting the system and thousands of copiers, just after 9 months. So far nobody have lost with their channels, which now has been named “Greenland” . As I said then I can´t guarantee it´s fool proof , but untilnow I have to assume it is. So anyone here which can find any flaws or weak points in the system , I would appreciate very much to hear from you. I wish everybody a nice and relaxing weekend !.

Hi

I posted your comment in this other thread, as it seems to contain some more substantial critique of your system. Hope you can manage to answer them. Lets continue discussion there.

Just a quick question guys, is channel trading still being widely used today by a lot of users?

Channel Trading is one of the most fundamental technical analysis/trading aspects … any professional trader will have it in his toolbox :slight_smile:

There is no such thing as the holy grail.