Would it be worth it for me to learn forex trading?

Hi,

I’m currently a professional online poker player. Between playing myself and staking others I do quite well for myself. I’m constantly trading currency with other players just as its necessary for getting money on certain sites or countries for live games. I recently had an epiphany I should be doing this with more thought. I then discovered forex trading.

I quickly became interested. I’m consider studying it more in depth. I’m wondering what an average trader makes on average per month either in terms of % of account increase or in pips. Basically id like to compare what I could reasonably achieve in fx compared to my current career.

Sorry I’m on a plane using tablet and mistake submitted before reading and finishing post.

I guess all left to mention is once id learned I have a good amount of capital to invest. I just don’t want to study for months to then realize I couldn’t make as much as I do playing poker

Surprise you said that, being a poker player, i would think that your a risk taker. when you started poker, you probably didn’t know how much you were going to make in that either, but you took the chance, this is no different.

When I started in poker I found out what roi per game I could hope to achieve along with how many games I could play per month etc. Then compounding the results I could find what id make in a year etc. I’m basicall looking for the same info only regarding fx trading.

When I started in poker I found out what roi per game I could hope to achieve along with how many games I could play per month etc. Then compounding the results I could find what id make in a year etc. I’m basicall looking for the same info only regarding fx trading.

Trading Pro will make you between 5 and 15% per month depending on your risk appetite.
You got to make a judgement call here.

It is very individual. Certainly in forex one has potential to make much more money than playing poker.

…But it will take a lot of effort in forex to get to the point where you actually know what and why you are doing.

you can earn pretty good …depending upon the amount of work you have invested in studying market…

This really possible for everyone to earn much money but its also has same portion with the risk that available in this business , so need for seriousness about learning of business risk

you guys to teach me forex trading, i have no knowledge of the business

i am new here. you guys to teach me forex trading, i have no knowledge of the business

Yeah it will be well worth to look into seeming as how you already play poker, you already have a small advantage because also in proffesional poker you already know you need to be ready with a plan in mind and good moneymanagement. If you play poker proffessionally youre already fairly disciplined in these facts and in Forex trading it is no different. There is allot more to learn though imho. But well worth it:57:

Hey friend,

Welcome to Babypips and welcome to the world of Forex.

Ok so I started trading when I was 19 years old, thinking I would get rich quick with the help of some EA’s ( expert advisors ) as time went on, I realsie that the expert advisor everyone is selling that will MAKE YOU A MILLIONAIRE is complete and total lies. BUT forex trading for YOURSELF and being a REAL TRADER is very well worth it. I started to learn to trade for myself at the age of 20, and now at the age of almost 23, I think forex is a great career to have. How much you earn, 100% depends on you and you alone. You can make 40% a month return, sure, you can make 10% return a month. It 100% depends on how you set your money management and risk appetite. As well you must be profitable and make pips if you want to make money of course. But you have to find a system that works for you in order to do that. here at babypip we have tons of system to help you with that, if you’re willing to put in the hard work and go through the school here at babypips, that school will give you a great head start and a good understanding of what forex is and how to trade the market. School of Pipsology | Learn Forex Trading that is a link to the school here
As far as systems go, check out the free system section here at babypips, you can get started there, or after completing the school, you could try and make a system of your own.
http://forums.babypips.com/trade-journals/75424-jl-method-honor-forexphantom-39.html?posted=1#post733684
that is the link to a system me and fellow babypips member by the name of Snipes, we are working on that system and it is simple and working well thus far.

As far as income potential, you could risk 2% of your account per a trade, and make 4% return per a trade risking that 2%, say you make 1 trade a week and make that 4% at the end of the month that’s 16%+, say you manage to score 4% win and a then make 2%, that’s 6%, do that 4 weeks in a row for the month, 24% etc… you could risk 5% and make that into 40% a month, but 5% risk is a very large risk for any one trade. So your income potential is up to you. But you MUST MUST MUST remember that this is a market, and in FOREX there will ALWAYS be losses, you will lose at times, even have a week were you lose money. IT WILL HAPPEN, but if you’re consistent and making profits like listed above, that 1 losing week every now and again is nothing, you blow it off your shoulder and move on, or else you will let it consume you and will have much troubler here in the forex world. When you first start off, DEMO account all day, its fake money on the real market, some DEMO accounts are set back to make it easier to win, but it will give you a real feel of trading WITHOUT RISKING ANY MONEY AT ALL. DEMO accounts are 100% free and easy to set up on most any forex broker.

I hope this helps, keep at it and don’t give up, demo first, and complete the school here, get a real feel for forex before you go live, then after id say at least 3 months of SUCCESFUL DEMO trading, then go live.

Happy to help

Happy trading

Jason :38:

Is it worth it? Definitely Yes. Usually traders are more interested in the yearly outcome which somewhere in between 15-30% per year with exceptions of course.

If you learn it properly and trade by rules, then you can earn a lot from forex trading. But if you want to get rich quick, then you can’t use forex market for this purpose.

Use babypips pip school or forexpeacearmy military school to learn basics of forex trading. These two are best resources based on my experiense (full and structured information, which you can put into practice immediately on your demo trading account). Regarding broker choice I would recommend you to use Hotforex, FXCM or Global Prime, just open demo account with one of these brokers and here you go!
Good luck!

this is the right place to learn any thing and everything there is to learn about forex, might as well be in the top 3 if not 1st place when it comes to forex school . welcome on board :slight_smile: