Fellow FXCM'ers, How come the USDollar chart from FXCM is different than a USDX chart

I just noticed this. Anybody know?

All the info here:

Dow Jones FXCM Dollar Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scroll down to the see also part on usdx

Hi Kashix,

As Peterma mentioned, USDOLLAR is the Dow Jones FXCM Dollar Index, while USDX is the ICE Dollar Index. USDOLLAR is equally weighted against the Euro, Japanese Yen, British Pound, and Australian Dollar. USDX, reflecting its inception in 1973, is very heavy in European currencies, with a 58.6% weighting in the Euro alone, and a total 78.3% weighting in European currencies.

You can trade USDOLLAR with us, and it’s also possible to chart USDX on our platform if you download the free custom indicator for the ICE Dollar Index (shown above).

Jason

Thanks. I have it on my demo UK account. Is there any way to get it over to a US account?

Hi Kashix,

While the USDOLLAR index basket is not currently available for trading through FXCM US, it is still possible for US traders to speculate on a USD basket via the Mirror Trader platform. The same real account username and password that logs you into Trading Station will work on Mirror Trader.

In addition to the trading basket for the US dollar, Mirror Trader offers currency baskets for the Euro, Japanese yen, British pound and Australian dollar. For example, if you feel bullish on the Japanese yen, you can buy the JPY basket. If you feel bearish on the Euro, you can sell the EUR basket.

You can trade our currency baskets by following the steps below:

1. Log into the Mirror Trader platform using your existing Trading Station username and password.

1. Click on the Basket tab on the platform.

1. Select the basket and direction you want to trade, and click on the Open -> button. In this example, I am bearish on the Euro, so I chose “EUR Basket - Sell”.

1. Select your trade size from the window that pops up and click Open.

After opening a currency basket trade, you can monitor it on either the Mirror Trading platform or Trading Station.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Jason