Best times to trade for Australians?

Hello to all.

Firstly I’d like to say this website has been extremely helpful in getting my head around Forex. I have only become interested in Forex over the last couple of weeks and have purchased the downloadble PDF of the School of pipsology and am currently working through it.

I have some questions if thats ok?

I have opened a demo account and was wondering when the best times to trade for an Australian would be? I have noticed there are some Aussies on the forum and was hoping they could shed some light.

I would be more interested in trading at night but I’m not sure what the optimum times are for some one in Adelaide Australia. I thought I would detail the times I can trade to see if anyone could tell me what would be the optimum times from the times I am able. I would concentrate on the AUD/USD

The times I can trade (Adelaide Australian time) are as follows:

Sun, Mon, Tues - any time
Wed, Thurs - after 7:30pm
Friday - during the day until 5pm
Saturday - during the day until 5pm and sometimes all day

If someone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dean

I think choosing the best time to trade is highly dependent on your trading strategy. Especially for scalpers and day traders looking for price volatility.

For example, the GBP/USD is more volatile in early to mid European session while the USD/CAD pair shows more price movement toward the start of the US session.

Swing and Position traders are not nearly as bound to a daily session as they are holding trades.

Is there a particular currency pair you strategy is focusing on?

Thanks for the reply,

I would probably focus on the AUDUSD

sorry… you stated the currency pair in your original post. I am not sure when this pair is the most active though.

To Deang101 :

I am also an Australian trader and have been posting on this forum for some time now.

To help you I give you the attachment to this post which is very easy reading for the best times to trade whatever, whenever.

The title explains itself.

It is an Acrobat reading file and I hope it is sufficient in itself to solve all your problems.

I strongly recommend that once you open the attachment you place it in your “My Documents” section for permanent reference.

Kind regards, Tymen Wortel, Perth, Western Australia.

World trading times for forex.pdf (260 KB)

1 Like

Thank you Tymen.

That’s exactly what I needed and explains everything.

Just out of curiosity what pairs do you trade.

Cheers,

Dean

To Deang :

I trade AUD/JPY (favourite), then the standard ones…USD/EUR, GBP/USD and GBP/EUR.

Kind regards, Tymen Wortel, Perth, Western Australia.

I am in NZ (GMT +12) so I also trade any Japanese crosses but at 8pm local time London opens, so an hour after that European crosses start to move quite a bit.