Learn To Trade aka Knowledge To Action (Greg Secker)

These people are too clever to tell blatant lies. They will tell you what you want to hear - easy money with no effort. But somewhere in the small print, they have a escape clause. Its the same song and dance as with the people who sell self improvement courses, baldness cures and for that matter weight loss programs. The chances of this being legit is tiny, especially if they have a bad track record already.

Yep! Hopefully I will get my deposit back :-/

Here is some FREE advice, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on this. I did the course 4 years ago this month in their offices in Fulham and I’m not doing it anymore. I too used the automated software called the income generator which I had to pay another £90 a month for. I wasted 5K on this. I wanted to try forex to see if it was as easy as they made out,it wasn’t. Ibet on a variety of sports including horses and will stick to that. Also ask yourself thsi question, why did the BBC and the Observer newspaper write articles on K2A stating facts about the company if it wasn’t true? WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT WASTE MONEY on this YOU WILL REGRET IT

DONT DO IT JAYNE and contact your card provider if need be, I believe you should have at least 7 days to get your deposit back, I’ve posted further down stating that I did the course 4 years ago and it isn’t worth it. I make money from betting on sports, what are you actually looking to achieve and do you have any understanding of betting and odds?. In spite of the general perception of betting, it isn’t a mugs game if you know what to do

Isn’t that the truth. Almost like you, I cam to the forex from the poker and sports betting world, after talking to someone who explained forex to me. I thought this is great. You can bet on currencies, they can use automated programs to place your bets, take you out when your in profit, so you don’t have to be there, they have what they call signal services, sounds to me like handicappers. And if you think about it betting on currencies is no different than a football or basket ball game. So my plan was to purchase an automated program and a signal service put them both together and there you have it a nice easy and another revenue stream :58:

What saved me is I came here first and after a day of reading posts here, I realized there was a strong possibility my original plan wouldn’t work without having some basic knowlege, so then my intent was to learn the basic’s, and after I did that it was quite clear that forex is not easy, but just like poker and sports betting you have to put the work in for a strong foundation if you want to make money long term.

Well, we’re all different, but they never charged me extra for the IG. I also took the course around four years ago. Under four grand all in including a lot of coaching and I have made it back applying what they taught me, with bells on.

I was an absolute novice at the time, and while we will all have an opinion on whether £4k is value, they certainly did what they said they would do for me at all stages. Just to keep a little balance here! I’m not of the ever-popular ‘present opinion as universal fact’ clan, unlike many around here.

That’s for sure. I hope that new and inexperience people if they don’t learn anything else about the forex, is that there is no one size fit’s all. Everyone learns different, everyone has different experiences and goals. That goes for this site as for sure. You have to decide whats right for you based on your situation, not because some person you don’t know says this is the only way

No size fits all… Is it similar as the saying “take everything with a grain of salt”?

Words of wisdom always comes from experience :wink:

How was the 2 day workshop for learn to trade. I was a student of Greg secker when his company was knowledge to action but back then you had to do the technical analysis yourself but now under his new company learntotrade the technical analysis is automated.

Im curious to know what each strategy is all about and if you can share this with me ill share what i learned in KTA FX pivot, sniper, income generator and snapback

Income Wave- Wbat kind of setup is it and what is a good trade and a bad trade?

Interbank Radar-Wbat kind of setup is it and what is a good trade and a bad trade?

Money Market Breakout-Wbat kind of setup is it and what is a good trade and a bad trade?

180 Profit Booster- Wbat kind of setup is it and what is a good trade and a bad trade?

Im more actually interested to know the profit to loss ratio for each strategy. Technical analysis Do it Yourself you can achieve results if you know what your doing 10 out of 10 but with software automated robot indicators like this most of them dont even reach 7 out of 10. Please tell me what you think of the Smart charts because I am like most people dont want to get ripped off paying crap software indicators when i can learn to do my own technical analysis manually

Because i was a KTA student they offered a discount of 2.5 thousand at their advertising seminar but i never took the offer because most the stuff they teach is what i had already learned in the KTA course like Money management, physicology, cyclicity and all the rest of it

I will suggest you to be more careful with trading softwares. Just ask your self, if that software is that good why they are selling it. They can just make tons of money by using it.

Hi jayneuk, were you able to get your deposit back?

As soon as I heard these words leave the mouth of any trader I would run a mile!

Jayneuk,
I have completed the training myself also but when it says automated you still have the option to trade the signal, you still have to work out weather it is in the right position of the trend/range to trade it to make profittabe trade, the program only sends signals based on the parameters its given to find hence why there are 4-5 different stratagies for different market positions. I left my Job 2 months ago and have been trading for 3mths living from my profits but it is all in risk managment if you go round just clicking buttons with out working out market direction it will fail. I am up over 15% since i increased capital as i do think that if you start with a too smaller account the profits you see are not enough as was the case for me i started with 2500 and was down 10% in my first month as i was over trading my account to try and increase income and learning to. Now i am living off my account 3 months into it. Doing as per learn to trade stratagies though i use the smart charts manual terminal more now as i can see what i am looking for, but i do dissagree with the pressure they give to sell you there product, I have trained under australian branch not Uk so it may be marketed differently. But over all so long as you follow the advice given you can make money, I was a CAD technition for the past 5-6 yrs in structural steel and find learning this a whole load easier that for sure. You can take any teaching and get it wrong it is what you make of it if it not in your price range dont do it, but having the classroom atmosphare and people to talk direct to about it helps as not a single 1 of my friends or family does forex or market places. So it has help me gain contacts so we can share ideas and know who we are talking to also. I do how ever see alot of people there that are just cluless and really just wasting there time and money to be honest. To many speculators out there saying its a get rich quick it still takes time efort and patients like any profesion just this one you are your own boss, but it has the potential to make you rich faster than working for some one. It comes back to how you use the information provided. Hope this helps.

Hello Mineone. If I may ask which course did you take? Did you take only the 2 days Learn Forex or did you take the whole thing of Unlimited Wealth?
I think the automated suggestions do not work well, so I do my analysis manually and place my order on the manual trade template. What I dislike is that here in the UK they are literally sellers, they tell you something, but after you pay for it, it is not what they told you. Then they they offer you other programme, telling you A in the beginning, and then, again, saying something different after you pay. How does it work for you?

I recently attended to the 2 hour seminar last week and I’ve paid the 500€ deposit. Now I’m seeing all this comment and I’m regretting it. I was wondering if you finally went there and if you could tell me about your experience as I have the same questions you had. Please let me know. Thanks in advanced.

Hey Mineone, since your post back in Oct 2016 have you continued using SmartCharts from Learn to Trade? How have you been doing? Would you recommend it?
Thanks!

Hi - The latest post I can find here and on Babypips generally about LearntoTrade / Secker / KTA is November '16 so I thought I might add my recent experience.
I am new to Forex, and been thinking about it a for a while, since attending a LearntoTrade 2 hour seminar about a year ago. I didn’t bite then as I felt I needed to do some research first, and so have worked through some of the Babypips courses (which I thoroughly recommend). So I went to another LTT 2 hour seminar last week (July 2017). It was a bit like deja vu.
The presenter was very good, seemed genuine and likeable. He went through the personal motivation stuff, which was a bit cringe-worthy before getting to the nub. He was basically selling their 2/3 workshop course, which ‘normally’ costs £7000 but that LTT was subsidising this and selling for £2000 to 50 lucky customers (same story as last year, and I imagine every other seminar). For that, he said you get a memory stick with their ‘SmartCharts’ software, some training videos and a 2 day workshop at their trading office in Chelsea (NB the dates are weekends so I don’t expect there is any live trading included there). You get your account set up in advance and have to have it funded before you go.
After a week of playing with the software, while getting phone / skype support, the ‘lucky 50’ can come back for a day of 1-2-1 live trading with one of their traders in Chelsea.
Now the software sounds like the holy grail - the system is supported by LTT analysts who disseminate financial news and ‘green light’ various trading pairs with recommendations for Entry, Target and Stop loss. You don’t need to do anything really it seems, just pick you green lights and go! He doesn’t say every one is a winner - probably 60%and the wins are bigger that the losses. By implication you have to be smart enough to spot the more promising proposals. He demonstrated a ‘live trade’ (green light selected by one of the audience) but we didn’t see I to completion. I think the target was for GBP/USD to hit 1.2990 and I checked later that this did not even come close that day or since.
Various questions come to mind (Why are these trainers and analysts doing this when they could just be making money? Who is taking the other side of these trades which presumably every other player in the market is trying to do if they are so obvious? Etc?). Trouble is, there is no time for questions. Presenter mentions he already has 44 of his 50 from previous seminars, so only 6 places left and there are 17 punters in the room. First 6 to sign up get the £5000 discount!. I’m sure they realise that nobody is going to pay £7000 for something they could have got for £2000, so its a case of either leaping in blindly to get ‘the bargain deal’ with no questions and no time for research, or just walk. I did the latter. Same story as a year ago.
The sad thing is that what they describe is possible, therefore plausible. It sounds perfect for newbies to get some software, and some handholding to get started. OK if 50% of the trades don’t work at least you would get to understand the rationale, and see where you need to develop - maybe find better software and better brokers later.
Unfortunately there does not seem to be anybody commenting on a credible forum with a good word to say about LTT. We can’t trust LTTs own references and a lone forum post would have to be treated with suspicion. Mineone’s contribution above is about as good as it gets. I can understand that some of the negativity might be attributed to bitter naïve punters who didn’t stick to the rules, or seasoned pro’s who have paid their dues and might scoff at the wanabes. However the bottom line is that ‘if it sounds to good to be true, it almost certainly isn’t’. You have to avoid ‘hearing only what you want to hear’. See my post about psychology here

I wouldn’t read into it in much detail. It’s a great scam of all proportions. That’s not to say it’s useless information. However being spoonfed the basics is quite pointless…especially as it’s avaliable for free online. But by all human nature it can feel more comfortable being told this same information whilst paying for it.

Make of it what you will. But if your going to pay then I’ll match it for £1k. Or for free if you read the school here. I’m sure you see the point

Some people feel comfortable paying for free information, it’s a physiological incorrectness. It’s also the reason that this industry is highly desirable for scam promotional material.