Confused with price action trading with candle stick patterns

I am interested in trading with price action and need help from the experts in identifying certain candle formations.
I am new to trading and my questions might be stupid, but I am really struggling to grasp this. It could be a very small explanation. How small or simple it is, please respond as it will help me a lot. I read in many articles on price action trading and bought one too (not a good course and lost money there).
In my course they were talking about bear rejection candles and bull rejection candle.
An in an uptrend, they highlight a candle and says this is a bullish rejection candle or bullish reversal and we go long and with another similar chart they go short. I am really confused about trading with all this. May be the person who sold the course really wanted to confuse newbees. Well he got what he wanted, I guess.

My question is let say in an uptrend and if I see a [B]bullish rejection or bullish reversal[/B] candle do I go long or short? I understand that we need to see the SR levels before taking a trade. So for arguments sake, let’s say I am just over an SR line in an uptrend and see a bullish rejection or a bullish reversal candle. What do I do here? Same with a bearish rejection or bearish reversal candle in an up or down trade.

This might be a simple one line answer or could span across few pages. If you have any links on this, please let me know.

I would really appreciate any help in this.

My question is let say in an uptrend and if I see a [B]bullish rejection or bullish reversal[/B] candle do I go long or short? I understand that we need to see the SR levels before taking a trade. So for arguments sake, let’s say I am just over an SR line in an uptrend and see a bullish rejection or a bullish reversal candle. What do I do here? Same with a bearish rejection or bearish reversal candle in an up or down trade.

Wherever the bullish reversal/rejection candles occur during an uptrend, they will most probably signal a trend continuation and mark the end of a retracement.- Ideally you should go long."
The same case applies to bearish reversal/rejection candles occurring on a downtrend.

This might be a simple one line answer or could span across few pages. If you have any links on this, please let me know.

Well there is alot of PA content around babypips that could surely leverage your basic PA knowledge. The first 10 or pages on this thread: http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/45414-understanding-price-action-chris-capre.html should be useful to you.

I would really appreciate any help in this.

You’re welcome

Thanks a lot. Really appreciate your help.

Sounds like they are teaching you on something called Fractals technique. Its not to commonly used but then again enough people use it i suppose. I think the question you should be asking yourself is why go long and why go short? Is it because you are just following along what someone else has told you to do or is it because you have seen the same scenario happen before and experience is showing you what the most probable outcome might be. To answer your question if you are in an uptrend and you see a reversal signal wouldn’t you want to sell and go along with the change of trend?

Great advice from above. However you do need a basic understanding of what trading in the forex is about no matter what trading method you use. My suggestion is before you follow the free price action threads, you should run through baby pips school, or at least the first parts so you will understand what traders are saying. It is worth the time and will pay off down the road

Your not alone I assure you. Some years ago I read a detailed report on candle stick patterns across varying time frames. At best they reported a 40% accuracy on the longer TF’s. Now with PA trading that may well be enough? I don’t know and leave that question to the detailed threads on PA trading.

Try Your Trading Coach | Home

you find lot of free materiale , other one is No Brainer Trades | Price Action & Systematic Forex Trading, Strategy, Guides and Discussions

good luck

Thanks to everyone for their replies. Very much appreciated.

You are welcome to check out my youtube channel, I just started a candlestick course there
Trade It Simple - YouTube

I am nothing but a price action trader, profitable as well. I know all the candle patterns I never use them. They fail more times than they work.

Trading the patterns themselves - yes, I agree, they fail too often. But it’s not really about entering a trade whenever you see a doji, hammer etc. but what the candlesticks tell you about the current market conditions and psychology

Thanks again for all the valuable replies.