Is the forex guy really a scam

Hello
What do you think, is that guy a scam ? is it true what it says on this website ? TheForexGuy.com Scam: Fraud, Lies, Misdirection and Other Scandalous Activity - Forex Exposed
I’ve kind of become weary of all this price action thing, the websites which sell price action stuff all look the same, I guess they copy off each other or what is going on ?

Yes- most price action is going to be the same, because, there’s really only a few components you’re looking at.

Candlesticks
Support and Resistance
Patterns

…that’s it.

People out there try to take those 3 ingredients, rename them, repackage them, and sell them to wide-eyed rookies. Most of what you see is just so version of an older methodology.

Whether he is or isn’t doesn’t matter. Every thing to do with Forex is Price Action. The only difference is how traders approach it. Example, some use: Support and Resistance, candlesticks, candlestick patterns,
volume, lots of indicators or no indicators and everything in between. Some use: All time frames, no time frames (tick), 1 time frame, 2 + time frames. The only thing everything has in common it’s price and what it’s doing.

Back to your question. In my opinion you should not pay for any indicator or strategy on it’s own. For the simple reason you can find most of them for free. If you can’t find a free indicator, then go to any of the thousands of programmers that will create it for you for free. The same goes for buying a strategy, between google etc, forex forums and utube, you can find just about any strategy you want again for free.

In my opinion the only thing you should pay for is ongoing support, which again you can find the answers or the direction for the answer on any forex forum, especially this one. Look at some of the PA strategies here where traders are not only selling a strategy, but support it through this site and have been doing it for awhile. In addition to their ongoing public forums, some offer private members forum. You can find the same concerning scalping, day and position strategies. If you’re new, start with the school here and participate in the newbie threads.

Most of the things for sale are not scams, but there’s lots that are. Think of buying anything like this; you’re cooking a steak, what’s better the steak or the sizzle you have to make the decision whether you’re buying a good steak, or a medium to bad steak but with a great sizzle. When buying anything, don’t just look at the cost; do the same thing you would do (or should do in some cases), when deciding to enter a trade; before you spend your money, analyze it first to see if the cost has value. Hope that helps
Gp

I only just noticed your post MrBurger and wanted to respond.

Everything I wrote about Dale Woods aka ‘Graham Blackmore’ is absolutely true and has never been disputed by him or anybody else.

The name he uses on the site and the trading history he claims to have are 100% bogus.

Regarding your second question about whether or not PA works I would say it does but like some other members have pointed out, you really don’t need to join any site to get the information.

If you’re more interested in joining a community of like-minded traders to help motivate and support your trading, then I think there is a market for such sites. Obviously though you’d want to make sure the guy running the site is actually a real person with a real trading history.

TFG is definitely NOT such a site and that’s basically all I wanted to point out to unwitting victims.

‘caveat emptor’ as they say :slight_smile:

Hope that helps answer your question and good luck with your trading.

Steve

@steve I have been a member for nearly two years and I really don’t see what the problem is, yes price action is not unique to the forex guy but it seems to me that he just tries to simplify it more for everyone to understand. My suspicions are raised by the fact you have never posted on here before and it looks like you have joined just to have a rant. I would like to know, why are you focusing so much energy on this one guy, surely there are many real scammers out there who you could expose.
I get the feeling you are not being completely honest with everyone.

1 Like

@mark8par thanks for bumping this thread.

As I’ve mentioned numerous times there are only two points I have EVER made about Dale Woods and they have NEVER been disputed.

He IS using a fake name and presenting himself as a professional trader. He is not called Graham Blackmore and is using the alias to hide his real identity from not only his unsuspecting victims but also the Australian tax authorities.

By hiding his real identity, presenting false trading credentials he is committing fraud which is a criminal offence.

As for your assertion that I am being less than honest, where is your evidence? And by the way speaking of honesty, aren’t you actually a moderator on his chat room and not just a regular member? If you’re going to try to tell a story let’s make it 100% honest.

You have a hidden agenda by posting here and I would imagine Dale Woods has put you up to it. Even if he hasn’t asked you directly I’ve no doubt that he’s been whining to you in private emails and messages.

Once again, thanks for bumping the thread and I look forward to your response.

Steve

And how it can be confirmed that patterns which were mentioned there are valid? Any theory behind them?

Steve,

Yes I am one of the moderators but I don’t receive anything for it, I do it to help out.

Like I said, I joined nearly two years ago and from my experience it is a pretty good forum to bounce ideas off likeminded people, I don’t regret becoming a member.

Thanks

Don’t waste your money on sites/people like this. You want to trade price action? Great! All you need in order to learn can be found online for FREE. Take the money you wanted to throw at this site and open a real account, trade only 0.01 lots and learn. The money you will lose in your account as you learn will teach you much more than any crappy POS you can pay for online.

I think you got your Answers. When all the trading methods are based on same trading strategy like price action, then obviously action stuffs will be like same too. The only difference is how traders approach it.

It’s all true, if you go to About page now, he changed his name to Dale Woods. The Forex Guy - About Us | Who is The Forex Guy
What a joker this guy is ! :29: As to his followers…

That’s a [B]very[/B] disingenuous thing to say, Mark, when you’re actually a member of staff (whether you’re paid for that or not) and you didn’t disclose it until challenged on it!

In my opinion, you have quite some cheek questioning the motivations and honesty of others posting here, in those circumstances.

The irony of it! :31:

I’ve never subscribed, but everything I’ve ever read about it, anywhere (and that’s a lot) has led me inexorably to the conclusion that it is; yes.

thx Steve for your help

definitely a scammer

Just a moment…

Too many people like him out-there, people cant do, teach

I want to understand something, if he is a scammer, why does he get so much review good ratings?

1 Like

Do you believe everything you read online - it’s quite easy to fabricate a false impression :58:

I am a member of Dale Wood’s website and this is my evaluation. Would I recommend his course? Not really. I tried to submit my review to the Forex Peace Army website but got denied.

Pros

-Dale answers your emails
-Has a forum and chat room for traders
-Dale shows his winning and losing trades
-Great for daily to monthly traders

Cons

-Overpriced for what you receive
-You cannot download the course which makes studying difficult, it’s web only
-No money back guarantee
-Chatroom and Forums don’t have much users

The course is lacking and missing key information about technical analysis. The course really has no edge as it’s just a regular overvalued course.I believe Dale needs to add volume and more fibonacci indicators as these are important to traders. No refunds if you don’t like the course which doesn’t show credibility. Most other courses offer a money back guarantee. I found better courses on Udemy that are half the price In addition, I recommend the book “Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets” by John J. Murphy. It’s 1/4th of the price of Dale’s course and a lot more informative.

Forex Peace Army has now posted my review, its good now the truth is out there about Dale Woods.

If there is no money back guarentee then that is a bit of a red flag for me. Surely if you are confident in what you are selling then you can provide refunds

Wow, I honestly can’t believe some of these negative replies. I’ve been a member of Dale Woods ‘The Forex Guy’ for years. Not only is it a legitimate site for learning price action Forex - he is a real trader, and he shares his live trades (in Chart of the Day, but also, in videos articles and YouTube tutorials). Anyone who actually put in the effort to check out his product and material would see that it is of high quality. Not only that, but he has custom coded Mt4 tools that are exclusive to his members such as custom chart builders and my favorite, lot size calculator based on amount I want to risk. It’s so easy. I’m really disappointed that so many people who obviously have NO idea what they are talking about are bashing The Forex Guy. But, hey, it’s your loss. His business is thriving.

1 Like