Can I Get started and learn babypips together?

Hi all, I have very very newbie question.
From now on, I am currently reading Middle school class, and I’m doing great with understanding of each subject.
It makes me wonder, should I getting started with downloading demo software too (I wanna see how the system works, seeing “Live” chart, etc), or should I take a school first ?
Thank you :57:

That should be ok running a demo as you learn, just so long as you dont go live

Hi sagara14, it doesn’t really matter whether you see the live chat first or not. What matters most is that you learn the rudimentary of trading. You must learn how to enter and exit the market. You must learn how to place a stop-loss and a take profit order. Then, you can start to demo trade. When you start demo trading you have to built a system. Once you start to become consistently profitable with your system on a demo platform, then and only then should you attempt to go live. I mean put your real money online. I’d suggest you go through school first so you can understand what the live chart is all about. I hope this is of help to you.

That is NOT correct…

By demoing and having a platform to relate to as you study and learn is way more effective than just trying to read up first and learn to trade and THEN open a platform and start to trade…

You can’t just read a book about driving without ever seen a car or been in one, and expect to understand how to drive it as soon as you get into one… You learn by putting theory and practical use together!
It is much easier to understand what you actually read about when you can test things out along the way

To make a pretty understandable point:

It is easier to learn about driving a car, if you read theory while you are in one and immediately are able to relate your knew knowledge to your surroundings.

I would read the whole thing first then go back with it and do it again with a demo account this. The reason for this is to prevent you start trading after 2 chapters in as you don’t want to learn bad habits without learning everything.

I think you should focus on learning first after it you test your ability at demo trading . What you will learn in initial chapters its application on demo will tell you all about trading atmosphere. Avoid to trade live with learning . after good learning and practice you can try live trading.

I think it’s not a problem to study and practice.
After you read something new, you can try it in practice.

Learning and also demo trading to practice each step of learning is an effective way that brings understanding. It is good so as to prepare you before going into live account . A demo account is a good practicing account.

It is good if you learn and at the same time demo practice and learn and going intolive account will be dangerous because you can suffer loss. To be able to fully become a profitable trader you need to exercise patience and not rushing into it.

I think it’s okay to combine both the theory and practical at the same time. Its best if you learn something new today and practice it, that way you would easily remember anything and be an expert by the time you are done with the school. Just make sure you do not go beyond what you have been taught and if you are not sure about something don’t attempt. All the best!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Yes,this is exactly the answer I was looking for, combining the theory and practical at the same would be an appropriate definition to this phrase’‘we learn to apply’’

It’s obvious that you can basically do it with demo account, but it is obviously boring stuff and you need to have strong head to do it.

When we are able to learn about the Forex markets we should also see how we are doing our trading in the Demo accounts and only after that we will see the trading reality :slight_smile:

Thanks Charly. Will heed to your advice.