What books on Forex have you read and would recommend

Hi all, I’ve been following Queen Cleopiptra’s (aka Raghee Horner) posts and videos. Recently she recommended a book - Reminiscences of a stock operator by Jesse Livermore which I found a good read with some great nuggets of information in. I am a firm believer that if you only pick up one useful tip from a book then it worthwhile as this could ultimately have a positive impact on your trading. Does anyone have any suggestions on what else to read?

Yes - hundreds of members do.

And they’ve listed them all in the huge number of other threads covering this exact question. :wink:

A quick search for threads with the word “books” in their [U]titles[/U] brings up [I]11 pages[/I] of listings of threads on this subject.

The forum’s search-function is your friend (but only if you use it!). :slight_smile:

Here’s a nice list:

Come into my Trading Room and Trading for a Living, both by Dr. Alexander Elder
Good general introduction to the subject of trading.

How I Made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market by Nicolas Darvas
A light and undemanding trading autobiograpghy by a legendary ‘retail’ trader / investor, which continues to provide insight and inspiration to this day for new traders wanting to replicate his success.

Market Wizards and New Market Wizards, both by Jack D. Schwager
Detailed interviews with some of the world’s most successful traders, providing real insight into their market beliefs, strategies and motives.

Mastering the Trade by John F. Carter
John Carter’s book is one that gets mentioned repeatedly as one of the few texts that provides real insight into how to trade today’s market.

Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefevre
If there is one book that all traders own, love and recommend without hesitation - it’s this one. A timeless and classic text that is essential reading!

Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets by John J. Murphy
Considered by many to be the bible of technical analysis.

The Essentials of Trading by John Forman
An excellent all round introduction to the subject of trading - especially for Forex traders. John is known as ‘Rhody Trader’ here on T2W and very good at answering questions and helping new members.

Trading in the Zone and The Disciplined Trader, both by Mark Douglas
A commonly held belief amongst many traders is that the obstacle to trading profits isn’t the markets or your methodology - it’s you! These books are widely regarded as essential reading to help you develop the right mindset to trade successfully.

Plenty to get started on there. Thanks for that, much appreciated.